Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Disc Golf Courses (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What are the best courses in TEXAS? (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79204)

pablo.diablo 01-03-2013 05:38 PM

What are the best courses in TEXAS?

Vote in the poll for your #1, then list your TOP 5 FAVORITES.

My vote is Selah Lakeside for #1.

My personal Top 5:

#1 Selah Lakeside
#2 Austin Ridge
#3 Lindsey Gold
#4 Lake Nacogdoches
#5 Circle C

Now, I have not played any Dallas area or Shawshank yet, so this time next year the list maybe very different than now!

Scoot_er 01-03-2013 05:51 PM

Shawshank is gimmicky.....I will be back when I think of my top 5.

TheWCG 01-03-2013 05:55 PM

I was pretty impressed with Austin Ridge. Circle c was cool but not in my favorites. That's pretty much all the input I have on that..

Scoot_er 01-03-2013 05:58 PM

#1- Ingleside Gold
#2- Roy G
#3- Met
#4-Harry Myers
#5- Wilco

I am assuming Selah would be my fav by looking at the pictures.....I was also a big fan of CR2 in Wimberly

pablo.diablo 01-03-2013 06:00 PM

Yeah I'm pretty limited by choosing Circle C, it's not necessarily the most fun course I play in Austin, but it has that "it" factor from being so well-established. Iit's much more unique than Roy G.

Honestly one the courses that I constantly have the most fun at is Mary Moore Searight, but I would never think it's one of the "best" courses.

I forgot about the Circle R, but it's no longer in existence I believe...

pablo.diablo 01-03-2013 06:06 PM

Hey Scooter thats funny you put Met and Wilco on there. They are really solid courses. If Wilco had any water or elevation...definitely.

I assumed most ppl that have played in Austin would vote Roy G, Circle C, and Austin Ridge to be the top 3 which is why I put them in the poll...followed closely by East Metro (Manor), Wilco, then MET.

MOST people in the area haven't come around to Austin Ridge just yet. But they've only had the teepads for a couple months and the fairways are still being established. I can pretty much guarantee in 3-5 years it will be in the running for best course in the area. It's already my favorite, but then again I enjoy super-challenging, technical courses with big elevation and water hazards.

notapro 01-03-2013 06:09 PM

I've only played Shawshank and Lake Nacogdoches from that list, so I'll abstain from voting. I liked them both very very much.

RUSSELL 01-03-2013 06:23 PM

i've only played so many courses in texas yet, so i'm abstaining also.

jsc430 01-03-2013 06:36 PM

This is a great debate. A great state with many GREAT courses. But lakeside may be the best in the nation.

I've only played 7 of the 15 and i put them in this order
1. Selah - Lakeside
2. Creekside
3. Shawshank - a bit gimmicky yes, but an awesome piece of property and some great holes none the less.
4. Circle C
5. ABR - haven't played in two years
6. Harry Myers
7. Texas Army Trail - IMO it doesn't belong. This course is frustratingly unfair. In time it will be great but now its fun for 1000+ rated players only

I would've put the live oak gold course or Jack Brooks Cedar Hills on here instead

Punk In Drublic 01-03-2013 06:41 PM

My unbiased opinion is..............