Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Saint/Escape/Stag (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79688)

jdw80550 01-10-2013 03:35 PM

Saint/Escape/Stag

So I have a couple of questions...If anyone has thrown both the Saint and Escape how do they compare side by side, and does anyone know if the Stag is going to be significantly more stable than the Saint or shorter?

apparition 01-10-2013 03:58 PM

I haven't thrown the Escape, but the Stag is more overstable than the Saint and I would say they're almost identical in glide. The one I threw was slightly flatter than I expected. I'm really interested in seeing how the first runs turn out! The Stag is like a longer Pred in my opinion. Although ManU could probably give you a better comparison.

whentherainscome 01-10-2013 05:30 PM

My 166 Escape is far more overstable than my heaviest opto Saint, though I have read people calling the Escapes flippy. /shrug

Pwingles 01-10-2013 05:49 PM

I have yet to throw an opto saint but the lucid escape i threw and the gl saints ive thrown are similar, id say the escape has less turn, sharper fade. More of a newer PD/olf than the saint, which i would compare to a worn in PD/olf

Stevo 01-10-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pwingles (Post 1780936)
I have yet to throw an opto saint but the lucid escape i threw and the gl saints ive thrown are similar, id say the escape has less turn, sharper fade. More of a newer PD/olf than the saint, which i would compare to a worn in PD/olf

This is exactly how I feel. My Saints (173g Sparkle Opto and 176g GL) both have some slight HS turn, where my 173g Escape has no turn and slightly more fade than the Saints.

keltik 01-10-2013 05:55 PM

I have thrown Opto Saints and Lucid Escapes side by side. -1,2 and -.5/0,3 respectively. they feel identical though. Stag isn't released yet.

ManU 01-10-2013 06:48 PM

the 172 VIP Stag I've been tossing is more HSS and LSS stable than my GL Saints by a fair amount
it does have somewhat comparable glide
the Saint is more of a forwrd fade the Stag is a much sharper fade to the left (rhbh)

I haven't thrown an Escape so I have no idea how that compares...I seem to recall a profile pic and thought the wing was between a Stag and Saint

from going way back in my memory the Stag's wing reminded me of a Pred wing

the Stag is going to be fairly true to its fligth numbers in VIP 8,6,0,3

it will be longer than Eagles and Teebirds...and might compare distance wise with PDs

I can see it taking those discs out of some peoples bags

I'm dying for a TP Stag and closer to 170
172 VIP is a touch heavier than I would like

I think you could pair Stags and Saints
both will do straight but one will fade more than the other
Saints will do annys better
Stags will do hyzers better

maybe I'm a fan boy but if you truly are a believer in "give us slower discs and not all this hogh speed stuff" then the Stag could be one of the discs of 2013

in terms of Westside's best molds the Warship, Sword, and Giant I think the Stag will join this group

MrGlass01 01-10-2013 06:52 PM

Ohh that sounds nice I need a stag!!!

ManU 01-10-2013 06:52 PM

what will you do with your Rivals?
:p

jdw80550 01-10-2013 06:56 PM

Thanks for the info ManU! ^^^This was the question that I was wondering as well. I've been throwing the Rival as my OS compliment to the Saint, and I really like it, but if the Stag has better glide it's a done deal.

But then I have to think about the Escape taking that role. Damn you Sweedish/Finnish Magic!