Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Course Maint. & Equipment (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   I just got a new DiscCatcher pro permanent basket for Francis Scott Key :) (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80715)

prerube 01-23-2013 10:28 AM

I just got a new DiscCatcher pro permanent basket for Francis Scott Key :)

I know this means nothing in the world of disc golf, but I am super excited.

My county sent out an email that they had some money left in their budget in a special account designated for "expensive physical education equipment" and the first person to request for something over $500 gets it.

I just happen to have a catalog infront of me that sold DiscCatcher Pros for $599.99 (I know that is expensive, but remember it HAD to be over $500)
I had the paperwork filled out in under 3 minutes and waited.
15 minutes later I got an email saying Congratulations your request for a new DiscCatcher in Ground Permanent basket has been approved!

We also got a grant and will be buying 3 DGA Mach2s. We will have quite a mix match course once we add those to the current old baskets we have.

wilsondl 01-23-2013 10:36 AM

Congrats are certainly in order and cuddos on your quick action...Seems to be the only way to get anything accomplished when dealing with governmental organizations:clap:

tbird888 01-23-2013 11:02 AM

Nice work rube. It's nice to hear that your job keeps getting easier for you to introduce youngsters to the game.

Shuie 01-24-2013 08:11 AM

Good stuff!!! baskets are baskets as long as they catch. So, where is this course being installed??DC area?? i plan on taking a massive month long road down to ALT and then up to Charlotte and then up the Coast to Maple Hills. This up coming summer.

Sadjo 01-24-2013 10:40 PM

Do you have a way or are you interested in installing a portable basket and making it more permanent?

prerube 05-06-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sadjo (Post 1809347)
Do you have a way or are you interested in installing a portable basket and making it more permanent?

The course is permanent and has been for about a year.
There are currently 3 holes each with 3 pads. There are also 2 baskets for holes 1 and 2, we are working on finding and installing a second location for basket 3.

We have 5 baskets up at all times. the property does not lend itself to producing a high caliber course. I have 3 more baskets, but I am not sure if they will go up at this location or if we will start another tiny school course. This is a small fun course for the kids, a nice place for shooting for aces and practicing your approaches. Leave the drivers in the car.

Disc Golf of Course 05-06-2013 01:07 PM

Congrats and good work! I'm local to DC, as well, and love hearing about improvements to the area's disc golf courses. Keep us posted on progress!

Are there any new courses in the works for the DC/Baltimore area?

BigSky 05-06-2013 01:08 PM

Awesome! Congrats Prerube.

sgamerp 05-06-2013 01:15 PM

Gratz! Hopefully you got the highlighter green one.

sloppydisc 05-07-2013 03:32 PM

Great!!! So another public entity paid too much for something. Brilliant. :wall:

But congrats on getting a basket at least.