Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Disc Golf Courses (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Course Condition near Breckenridge CO (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81739)

SirRaph 02-05-2013 10:48 AM

Course Condition near Breckenridge CO

So I'm headed to the Breckenridge, CO area for a bachelor party Feb 20th. I'm not a big boarder/skier, so I'm hoping to get some disc golf in while I'm there.

Anyone live/play near this area? Is it like 3 ft of snow right now? What courses would be the best (if any) to play around that time?)

Thanks.

atom519 02-05-2013 11:34 AM

Unfortunately there aren't a ton of choices near by. The closest course is more than likely going to be Peak One DGC. It's a pretty solid course, set right on Dillon lake and offers multiple pin locations. I believe they have a couple weekly leagues as well, and should be posted near the entrance.

If you have the time, I'd recommend heading to Leadville for their College Course. It's set further up in the mountains and has some pretty awesome holes that you won't find elsewhere.

Martin Dewgarita 02-05-2013 12:21 PM

Leadville in Feb, now that sounds like fun.

SirRaph 02-05-2013 06:00 PM

I don't mind driving up to an hour. I was just curious what the snowfall and ground conditions were like.

jeffmonty 02-06-2013 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirRaph (Post 1832044)
I don't mind driving up to an hour. I was just curious what the snowfall and ground conditions were like.

Forget about Leadville in Feb. It sits at 10,000 feet. If you're willing to drive an hour, take Hwy 9 south out of Leadville over Hoosier Pass to South Park, then Hwy 285 toward Denver and just go play Phantom Falls. Might be a little over an hour but it should be playable as it has southern exposure, unless there happens to be a recent storm. Call Paulie and also ask him about Magic Meadows playability in Feb.
I doubt Peak One will be playable that time of year but maybe a local can speak up. Hope you get a chance to play.

lion 02-06-2013 01:58 AM

Why cant you get any Breckenridge Brewery Beer in Cali? I love the Vanilla Porter and Imperial 72. I envy your trip.

thcdisc 02-06-2013 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffmonty (Post 1833011)
Forget about Leadville in Feb. It sits at 10,000 feet. If you're willing to drive an hour, take Hwy 9 south out of Leadville over Hoosier Pass to South Park, then Hwy 285 toward Denver and just go play Phantom Falls. Might be a little over an hour but it should be playable as it has southern exposure, unless there happens to be a recent storm. Call Paulie and also ask him about Magic Meadows playability in Feb.
I doubt Peak One will be playable that time of year but maybe a local can speak up. Hope you get a chance to play.

This. Peak one and Leadville are pulled for the season your best bet is head towards denver/pine/conifer. Or head the other way towards grand junction and hit glenwood springs or Newcastle those are both solid courses.

TalbotTrojan 02-06-2013 02:31 AM

I am about as close to Breckenridge as you can get right now as I type this. You will have to drive down to Denver if you want to play. You are looking at 1 hour 15 minutes most likely. Any course in the area is closed for the Winter. The roads are dry here but there are piles of snow all over the place, or maybe it is one large pile.

atom519 02-06-2013 09:16 AM

I read the OP wrong and thought you were heading up in the spring, so never mind me. I've only been up there in the summer months for disc so can't comment on ground conditions in February, I would assume it's not good.

paulrothley@msn.com 02-06-2013 10:50 AM

Phantom Falls has 0-no-zero snow. Conditions are "Top-Notch". Go to www.PFDGC.com for more Phantom Info. Call me for a tee-time, love to have ya. Paulie