Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vacations & Road Trips (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Road Trip from SoCal to the Great Northwest (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81771)

getthepuckout 02-05-2013 04:50 PM

Road Trip from SoCal to the Great Northwest

Hey everyone
Couple friends and I are heading up to Portland Oregon for about a week. We are driving up and want to take our time, hitting up courses along the way. Any must play courses along the 5 heading through California?

Once in Oregon we are going to check out Dexter Park. That really is the only one we know we want to play so far.

Thanks for any input

elevated plastic 02-05-2013 05:18 PM

For sure play Milo and whistlers in Oregon. Both are better than Dexter imo. Black butte is a fun course off the 5 in Cali.

TempleOfDoom 02-05-2013 05:32 PM

California
Worth a stop - Hart Park - Bakersfield, East La Loma Park - Modesto, Oak Grove-Stockton, Rocklin City Park - Rocklin, Anderson River Park - Anderson, Dog Island - Red Bluff, University of OB - Weed.
Must Play - Black Butte Lake - Orland, Peregrine Point - Chico, Shady Oaks - Orangevale
Oregon
If you don't play Whistler's Bend you should just turn in your discs now and take up a different sport.

Peterb 02-06-2013 12:38 AM

Bail on the 5 and take 101. You'll hit much much better golf. All the way to Oregon...

Rescue 02-06-2013 02:35 AM

IDK ther are not that many courses on 101 once you pass Eureka and into Oregon. I5 through Oregon you have several. Grants Pass, Whistler Bend, Cottage Grove (was pretty new when I played it. So I'm not sure what it's like now), Dexter, Albany, Pier Park, Milo etc...
I know there is a course in Corvallis. So you could make the drive from Eugen to Corvallis and then up to Albany to play those courses (never played either).
Have a blast! Oregon and Washington have some of the best courses I've ever played. The quality and the beautiful surroundings are hard if not impossible to beat.

mopar 02-06-2013 05:08 AM

In Oregon I'd recommend stopping at whistlers bend. It's fairly close to I-5...it will be a couple hours before you get to Eugene (where Dexter is).

Once you are in Portland check out Pier Park

Peterb 02-06-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rescue (Post 1833076)
IDK ther are not that many courses on 101 once you pass Eureka and into Oregon. I5 through Oregon you have several. Grants Pass, Whistler Bend, Cottage Grove (was pretty new when I played it. So I'm not sure what it's like now), Dexter, Albany, Pier Park, Milo etc...
I know there is a course in Corvallis. So you could make the drive from Eugen to Corvallis and then up to Albany to play those courses (never played either).
Have a blast! Oregon and Washington have some of the best courses I've ever played. The quality and the beautiful surroundings are hard if not impossible to beat.

Once you pass Eureka I'd head for grants pass on the 199 and then to grants pass

jimbosprint 02-06-2013 03:29 PM

Let me know if/when you plan to play Black Butte Lake or Peregrine Point.

Rescue 02-06-2013 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peterb (Post 1833740)
Once you pass Eureka I'd head for grants pass on the 199 and then to grants pass

Good idea! or even 299 (Eureka to Redding) so you can hit up the course in Weed.

humchris85 02-06-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rescue (Post 1834366)
Good idea! or even 299 (Eureka to Redding) so you can hit up the course in Weed.

If you are going this way I would suggest hitting up the new course in Junction City.