Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technique & Strategy (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Backhand Throwing Help (w/ video) (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84994)

jchoate7 03-20-2013 09:56 AM

Backhand Throwing Help (w/ video)

I did this about 4 months ago and I have fealt like my form has improved a little bit. Just trying to see what else I should work on. The biggest thing that I needed work on from last time was throwing from the hip and not from my arm. There is a slight 10-15 mph tailwind and the discs I'm throwing are all annotated. The basket that you see off in the distance is 300 ft away. Well heres the video. Any suggestions or feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Video! Click me!

knettles 03-20-2013 10:18 AM

Didn't look too bad to me. How far were alot of those shots going? I couldn't tell from the video if alot of them were landing in front, behind, or around the basket.

jchoate7 03-20-2013 10:27 AM

A lot of the shots were landing about 40 ft short. I wasn't throwing at 100% though, I've just been trying to focus more on form than anything the past few months.

Dan Ensor 03-20-2013 11:56 AM

The disc isn't coming through on plane, so you're throwing an air-bounce.

depster 03-20-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Ensor (Post 1909924)
The disc isn't coming through on plane, so you're throwing an air-bounce.

Please explain what exactly you mean, I've never heard of that before..

Bobs DG 12 03-20-2013 01:23 PM

An Air Bounce basically means that your disc will rise or "bounce" up into the air early in the flight due to the nose of the disc being slightly up. Try pulling through on a flatter plane but other than that everything looks pretty good. :thmbup:

Tiny 03-20-2013 01:34 PM

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.

Why click when you can Embed?!

Dan Ensor 03-20-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by depster (Post 1910000)
Please explain what exactly you mean, I've never heard of that before..

You're swooping your arm at the end; putting lots of different torques on the disc. For me, it's really difficult to get the nose around when I'm throwing an air-bounce. Instead of trying to throw the disc down a line, try to sling the disc's edge opposing your hand out towards the apex of the flight.

MNthrow 03-20-2013 02:41 PM

I noticed that too i nmy form a while back where I would pull upwards a bit causing that really funny bounce in the disc about 50ft it seems. Flaten out and kudos for not trying to bomb each one to impress no one.

depster 03-20-2013 02:42 PM

I always thought air bounces were just the way that the wind was effecting the discs flight.