Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Anyone thrown the Villain and Trespass? (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85527)

Flip Hyzerman 03-27-2013 03:56 PM

Anyone thrown the Villain and Trespass?

I guess what I'm really asking, is how much more stable is the Villain in GL than the Trespass in BioFuzion? I've read that they feel similar and thrown the Trespass in all the plastics, but I'd like to pair it with something just a notch more stable that can handle some stronger headwinds (while still having respectable distance). Is the Villain true to the 12/4/0/4 numbers?

KelReeves 03-28-2013 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flip Hyzerman (Post 1923060)
I guess what I'm really asking, is how much more stable is the Villain in GL than the Trespass in BioFuzion? I've read that they feel similar and thrown the Trespass in all the plastics, but I'd like to pair it with something just a notch more stable that can handle some stronger headwinds (while still having respectable distance). Is the Villain true to the 12/4/0/4 numbers?

For me the Gl Villain and my Biofuzion Trespass overlap. Keep in mind that I am picky about mold minimalism. The Villain in Gold Line does not fly 12/4/0/4, you would have to pick up a Opto to see numbers close to that. I would say that my GL Villain is a little more HSS than the Bio Trespass. To me the differences are so close that a variation in run could make the difference either way. I found the GL Villain to be more consistent and a little less nose sensitive. I hope this helps.

Flip Hyzerman 03-28-2013 11:33 AM

Very much so - thanks Kel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KelReeves (Post 1923891)
For me the Gl Villain and my Biofuzion Trespass overlap. Keep in mind that I am picky about mold minimalism. The Villain in Gold Line does not fly 12/4/0/4, you would have to pick up a Opto to see numbers close to that. I would say that my GL Villain is a little more HSS than the Bio Trespass. To me the differences are so close that a variation in run could make the difference either way. I found the GL Villain to be more consistent and a little less nose sensitive. I hope this helps.

Flip Hyzerman 03-28-2013 10:58 PM

How does your GL Villain do into a headwind? Same as the BF Trespass? Thanks again

Quote:

Originally Posted by KelReeves (Post 1923891)

KidClutch 03-28-2013 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flip Hyzerman (Post 1925551)
How does your GL Villain do into a headwind? Same as the BF Trespass? Thanks again

Both will fly similar into a wind. I was trying out villains for a little bit and the GL was a lot like my trespass, but my trespass would go further. but my Opto was what I was looking for. Into a wind the Opto was straight with a nice fade to it. A Real nice disc but couldn't knock destroyers out of my bag.

Flip Hyzerman 03-28-2013 11:35 PM

Yeah, sounds like I'm looking for the Opto; I'm confident the Trespass will handle most of the wind situations I encounter, but I've encountered some headwind strong enough to push it into a huge turn. I want something that won't turn, but still allows me some reasonable distance. Do you throw anything for distance more stable than your Opto Villain?

Quote:

Originally Posted by KidClutch (Post 1925610)
Both will fly similar into a wind. I was trying out villains for a little bit and the GL was a lot like my trespass, but my trespass would go further. but my Opto was what I was looking for. Into a wind the Opto was straight with a nice fade to it. A Real nice disc but couldn't knock destroyers out of my bag.

thugjitsu 03-28-2013 11:40 PM

Maybe try a VIP giant if you want to stick with Swedish plastic, faster than both and more beefy than the tresspass and very reliable.

Dj1001 03-28-2013 11:46 PM

I have an 8/10 170G Gold line Villian that is made out of what I believe to be an early batch of lat's recycled plastic. It doesn't have that usual gold line luster or metalicness and there are red swirls in the yellow plastic.

For me it flys about 11/4/-.5/2.5

I tried a 173g biofuzion tress pass and It was about a 12/5/-1/2. had a little more turn later in the flight a bit more glide and a bit less fade. It was also ~15-25ft longer than my GL villain.

Huk Finn 03-29-2013 12:11 AM

X2 on a Giant. It's beefier than Harris Ranch.

KidClutch 03-29-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flip Hyzerman (Post 1925627)
Yeah, sounds like I'm looking for the Opto; I'm confident the Trespass will handle most of the wind situations I encounter, but I've encountered some headwind strong enough to push it into a huge turn. I want something that won't turn, but still allows me some reasonable distance. Do you throw anything for distance more stable than your Opto Villain?

I when I was flirting with a all Lat/DD/Westside set up, I was throwing a giant along with my villain. The giant I found was both more stable and went further. It just has more speed and glide. The tournament giant is like a destroyer stability wise, and the VIP is a meathook! But
If you have the arm, it's Really nice for long headwind hyzers