Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Easiest Highspeed Disc to Throw (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85617)

coldsweat 03-28-2013 07:40 PM

Easiest Highspeed Disc to Throw

So I know I am supposed to disc down to get better, and I have every intention of doing that. In fact with the exception of the daredevil timberwolf and a beat pro leopard my entire bag this season will be mids and putters. That said....

What would the easiest to throw warp speed driver be? The most noob friendly if you will. For those days when nothing is going right and you just need to outdrive someone you are playing with. Even if they are just throwing teebirds and you need to huk a fast one. Would it be the innova tern, the gateway ninja (i know it is not legal), the vibram lace, maybe something in blizzard or starlight or AIR type plastic, possibly something I have never heard of? I won't make a pull cause I am not going to pretend like I know what everything out there is.

TL;DR: What is the easiest to throw/most noob friendly warp speed driver?

Mike C 03-28-2013 07:43 PM

Not warp speed but Roadrunners can be a good distance disc for newer players or people with less power.

Ted Bratton 03-28-2013 07:44 PM

The tern, havoc, or king would work well and have comfortable rims.

bradharris 03-28-2013 07:45 PM

You're not going to outdrive someone just by going to a high speed driver. The reason to leave this at home until you can reach a certain distance is that you're going to have better distance potential with the lower speed discs.

If you want effortless distance for a beginner, try a P-PD

techn9cian4life 03-28-2013 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike C (Post 1925086)
Not warp speed but Roadrunners can be a good distance disc for newer players or people with less power.

Agreed. I threw RR's a lot for a while.. but my friend throws a Mamba and doesn't have a huge arm. Averages bout 330' with it.. he can't BH any thing else that far.

coldsweat 03-28-2013 07:48 PM

Tbh I don't really think I even plan on going and buying one. It was more curiosity than anything else. No one really ever discussed what the easiest to throw warp speed was. I mean some discs are just easier to get up to speeds than others and I found it interesting. The prodigy's maybe? I haven't really thrown any of them, just destroyers before I knew what I was doing.

kaiser flippin 03-28-2013 07:49 PM

depends on your form. if you just lack the power to get most drivers up to speed, choose something understable like a mamba. if you are forcing things over... time to practice technique. there's not much else that can help you.

Tiny 03-28-2013 07:50 PM

Nuke SS, every noob has one in the bag lol

joshuajames 03-28-2013 08:10 PM

Opto Bolt to get max D for the noodles arms!

Um... 03-28-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coldsweat (Post 1925104)
No one really ever discussed what the easiest to throw warp speed was.

That's because there isn't an 'easy' warp speed to throw CORRECTLY. Anyone can throw a warp speed disc. Throwing it so that it flies as it should is a completely different thing.

As mentioned, just because it's a fast disc doesn't mean that you're going to "outdrive someone you are playing with". It takes good form and technique to get a higher speed disc to fly well without imparting unnecessary torque or trying to throw with all your might (which both wiill negatively impact both the flight of the disc, as well as your form). Stick with lower speed discs, maybe in lighter weights, that have a tendency to be stable to understable for now, and with practice you'll find that you're outdriving those that play with the higher speed stuff but just don't know how to throw it.

My vote is for a lightweight Teebird or RR.