Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Latitude 64 Bite (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87432)

JFibeZZZ 04-26-2013 06:47 PM

Latitude 64 Bite

Has anyone thrown this or held it? I currently throw a katana to my border collie for fetch (I always throw it out of range, those discs would probably hurt his teeth if he caught it in kid air). Which is my main question, I wonder if lat64 softened the opto plastic for this purpose.

AndyJB 04-26-2013 07:14 PM

I have one and use it with my dog all the time.

I wouldn't say its a softer blend at all. But, it is almost all flight plate with very little rim so that alone makes it more flexible. I throw it with my dog Rocky (Australian Shepherd mix) everyday and he hasn't punctured it yet. It also flies really nice.

SteezeOG 04-26-2013 07:19 PM

Got one for my knucklehead but haven't been able to take him yet it's always raining. I've thrown it though it flies nice and seems durable. Like andy said it's all plate so it should take him a while to tear it up.

JFibeZZZ 04-26-2013 07:22 PM

Right on. That's what I like to hear. I throw him a Kong flexible frisbee that is insanely durable but everytime I use it I jack up my disc golf throw

Brodysseus 04-26-2013 08:47 PM

I use a soft Ridge for my Jack Russell. The Xlink material might be harmful if you have a dog who likes eating discs. But he knows not to chew on it. He loves retrieving and it makes playing fetch with him basically a field work session!

keltik 04-26-2013 09:15 PM

I've been dying to get one and use it on th course!

goody 04-26-2013 09:44 PM

The bite is an awesome catch disc. I got one at GBO and started throwing it up and down Commercial St. with a friend. We got pretty comfortable with it and were chucking it almost 200' right to each other. It has plenty of stability for a dog disc.

Now for your dogs. It's a great disc for them too. My labs love theirs, which I grudgingly gave up for their play. As I noted, it's got a decent amount of fade for a dog disc, I'm used to mine being super flippy, this one likes to glide and will even come back left for the finish. It makes it easier to chuck out there for the dogs to run under.

AndyJB 04-26-2013 10:54 PM

All of the above post are accurate. I was expecting a SuperSonic type disc, but its waaaaayyyy better. Definetly worththe extra couple bucks. Ive thrown one of the Kong Frisbees as well, but my dog didn't like it for whatever reason.

Now Lat needs to make these PDGA legal like Innova did with the SuperHero so my dad can use the Bite in tournaments LOL

SteezeOG 04-27-2013 09:13 AM

If they made them in heavy weights it would probably make an awesome premium plastic roller similar to a condor but small diameter. It's got the edge for it at least.

tbird888 04-27-2013 09:35 AM

What kind of weights are people throwing? Are these actually being produced in golf weights?