Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Disc Golf Courses (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Little River disc golf course, Moore Oklahoma (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88794)

wake_rider 05-20-2013 04:40 PM

Little River disc golf course, Moore Oklahoma

a big F4 or F5 tornado just crossed right over the top of Little River disc golf course in Moore. I would be surprised if the place still exists. Man it was almost 2 miles wide right over the top of course. All that work that Sparky put into it and it was just really completed, I just really hope it's still around.

wake_rider 05-20-2013 04:55 PM

oh man, nevermind course at this point all the houses and all the schools around the course have been wiped clean down to the foundation. This is terrible.

A destruction path is almost 1 mile wide at points. I live about 8 miles south of all of this and it was almost black to our north, almost zero visibility.

CarRamRod 05-20-2013 05:15 PM

Wow, that is tragic! I live in Tulsa and have been watching coverage at work. My thoughts go out to everyone there. We are bracing here in Tulsa hoping for the best!

wake_rider 05-20-2013 05:17 PM

Multiple elementary schools are leveled. This is surreal.

wake_rider 05-20-2013 05:19 PM

they're making statements that this is the worst tornado damage that the world has ever seen. The freaking world. Holy hell.

Okie-J 05-20-2013 05:57 PM

Little River is wiped out!

This is tragic. Gona be many dead and injured.

All the kids at the Briar Elementary are thank god safe they are stating.

RussMB 05-20-2013 06:34 PM

I remember driving through OKC in 99 right after that tornado hit, I was shocked at the damage. I can't imagine what is going on right now. My thoughts and prayers go out to you guys in Moore and the surrounding area! I'm glad that those kids are safe!

RussMB 05-20-2013 06:36 PM

I hope to God that those two DG courses were empty!

Fraser 05-20-2013 07:18 PM

'99's tornado was larger and longer tracked. This one today traveled almost in the same area that it hit in '99. The difference is that Moore has grown significantly since then. The debris cloud of this tornado was 2 miles wide. Major destruction.

There was a 7-11 on the northeast corner of Little River park that is no longer there. Completely gone. I heard there was at least 3 fatalities in that 7-11.

There was a mini scheduled at that course today but of course that was canceled. The park is normally heavily trafficked by walkers, fishermen, kids that bike through that park and dog walkers. There was a lot of forewarning for this storm but I too hope no one was at the park.

I feel real bad that Sparky has most probably lost the course. I understand he was trying to open a dg store in an empty lot just north of the park as well (I could be wrong though). Doubt that will happen now. The loss of the course, if that's the case, pales in comparison to all of the major damage done to residents, animals and property.

We've survived many tornados and we'll get back up and put the pieces back together again.

RussMB 05-20-2013 07:45 PM

OKC is definitely a resilient city!