Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Disc Golf Chat (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Perfect weather, minimal wind, on your way to the course.. (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90628)

DGCourseReviewer 06-18-2013 03:42 PM

Perfect weather, minimal wind, on your way to the course..

And work calls, you have to go in. :wall::wall:

First world problems at their worst.

Grungedude42 06-18-2013 03:46 PM

I've done work remotely via iPad and a MiFi on the course in a different state. Versatility is the key.

bradharris 06-18-2013 03:52 PM

I'm glad I have a job where I'm rarely, if ever, "on call." When I leave the building, work stays there.

Of course, I have to spend a lot of those perfect weather days sitting in a windowless cube. At least I'm not getting hit with the constant reminder of how nice it is...

DGCourseReviewer 06-18-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grungedude42 (Post 2043521)
I've done work remotely via iPad and a MiFi on the course in a different state. Versatility is the key.

That's awesome, wish I could do that.. While I'm typing this on an iPad, that does very little for you when you're a farm hand. What do you do?

Kenny53691 06-18-2013 04:15 PM

Get a job where you can play while working! I had that but had to trade in that job for a future... :(

A rod 06-18-2013 05:54 PM

I know that feel bro. Missed a couple tourneys this year bc work was so busy. Seems like every morning is beautiful and there's nothing I'd rather do than go discin', and on the weekends when I have time off its always raining.

papamullins 06-18-2013 06:06 PM

Been there too. It sucks, but could be worse (jobless). Then again, perspective is hard to come by the day it happens. :)

Dudelsacker 06-19-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A rod (Post 2043876)
I know that feel bro. Missed a couple tourneys this year bc work was so busy. Seems like every morning is beautiful and there's nothing I'd rather do than go discin', and on the weekends when I have time off its always raining.

I know that feel. Also can't help but feel cheated when it's beautiful all day while I'm at work, but the minute I get off is the minute it starts pouring rain (as happened yesterday :thmbdown:)

Needless to say, I played anyway...

AdamE 06-19-2013 11:58 AM

A buddy of mine has played before while on conference calls. I'm not lucky enough to have a job like that.

DiscJunkie 06-19-2013 12:51 PM

I'm on call this week, but no calls on the course this week.
I'm on the side of gaining perspective.
No job = no car, no gas, crappy discs, crappy bag.
Good job despite being on call once every 6 weeks = dependable truck, petrol, bag of hand-picked discs, Revo bag (used).
For those that have been unemployed, you have time and bills but no money.
Work may suck sometimes, but jobs are good things to have.