Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Disc Dyeing (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Making VIbrams more visible (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92027)

Kursk 07-13-2013 01:13 AM

Making VIbrams more visible

I've got a bag with a fair number of Vibram discs. Since today was my first go, I noticed that the blue hues with specs of color totally blended into all of the grass and wildflowers. Is there a way to say dye grey to white to yellow maybe in an X on top?

Hlasianguy06 07-13-2013 02:00 AM

I made an ugly salmon colored ridge come out pretty well with shaving cream, dyed it black and red.

damagedLIVER 07-13-2013 05:25 AM

I don't think there is any way to lighten the color of a disc. You can only make it darker and adding to much color can make it even more camoflauged. I usually just die a large pattern in one color on my Vibrams, helps make them a little easier to find.

All Day 07-13-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kursk (Post 2080010)
I've got a bag with a fair number of Vibram discs. Since today was my first go, I noticed that the blue hues with specs of color totally blended into all of the grass and wildflowers. Is there a way to say dye grey to white to yellow maybe in an X on top?

The best thing to do would be to just give me all of your Vibram discs. I will conduct further investigation and field testing. Thanks.

JRW III 07-13-2013 09:57 AM

I love Vibram discs, but they really need to stop using green. I have seen some that look like a great camo disc and damn near impossible to find even when you are looking right at it. There are some other colors that they could take out as well.

I had a green ascent that I attempted to dye red using the shaving cream method. Result was a Green and Brown disc that was harder to find and looked like sh*t. First round I played with it, I threw it in the brush and never found it.

All Day 07-13-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRW III (Post 2080151)
I love Vibram discs, but they really need to stop using green. I have seen some that look like a great camo disc and damn near impossible to find even when you are looking right at it. There are some other colors that they could take out as well.

I had a green ascent that I attempted to dye red using the shaving cream method. Result was a Green and Brown disc that was harder to find and looked like sh*t. First round I played with it, I threw it in the brush and never found it.

They will probably stop making green discs once people stop buying green discs.

Kursk 07-14-2013 01:08 PM

Light brown?! Who the heck thinks light brown is a good disc color? In the dry as a bone Midwest, that brown with little blue and green flecks is perfect camo for Central Texas scrub land. I got lucky once when someone found it in otherwise low sparse grass. I'd literally walked right over one of them.

I'm wondering...when I paint miniatures and prime everything black, I can get to yellow by going grey then white then yellow. I may experiment some with this. Thanks for the advice.

scottiep77 07-14-2013 02:26 PM

i have a brown and white vibram that i did some sharpie art on. nothing fancy but worked great. playing in the winter in pa with a brown and white sucks but after the sharpie art had no probs finding the disc

Chrismw81 07-17-2013 05:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 39858This guy was a very dependable disc, but one breezy day I lost it in a rocky gully....was upset, it hurt.

Hlasianguy06 07-17-2013 10:24 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I took this ugly muddy mess that had sat in a pond for about year and gave it a idye bath. She's now a very pretty shade of red(little but darker than the photo shows) that I think I may do a v for vendetta shaving cream overlay with some black rit.