Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Rules Questions & Discussion (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Rule question? (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92038)

Knockahomalc 07-13-2013 12:20 PM

Rule question?

If the disc lands and stays in the top of the basket, is this in or out? Thanks.

Johnny Conservative 07-13-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knockahomalc (Post 2080273)
If the disc lands and stays in the top of the basket, is this in or out? Thanks.

Out...but it is not a penalty.

Curtis_Valk 07-13-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Conservative (Post 2080280)
Out...but it is not a penalty.

True. On your next turn you mark your lie directly below the disc and drop it in. I'm always hoping the wind will blow it off and into the basket but I know that isn't going to happen! :\

Curtis

JC17393 07-13-2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curtis_Valk (Post 2080534)
True. On your next turn you mark your lie directly below the disc and drop it in. I'm always hoping the wind will blow it off and into the basket but I know that isn't going to happen! :\

Curtis

Even if the wind did blow it off and into the basket, you still haven't holed out. You would replace it on top of the basket, mark underneath, and drop in.

Curtis_Valk 07-13-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC17393 (Post 2080575)
Even if the wind did blow it off and into the basket, you still haven't holed out. You would replace it on top of the basket, mark underneath, and drop in.

Just my luck! :D

Curtis

ohtobediscing 07-13-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC17393 (Post 2080575)

Not if the disc falls in within a short[1-20 secs] time period after it lands on top. Had it happen on #4 Ann Mo doubles. The birdie counted.

ViolaBouquet 07-13-2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohtobediscing (Post 2080685)
Not if the disc falls in within a short[1-20 secs] time period after it lands on top. Had it happen on #4 Ann Mo doubles. The birdie counted.

Not exactly:
Quote:

802.02 Establishing Position
A. The thrown disc establishes a position where it first comes to rest.
B. A disc is considered to be at rest once it is no longer moving as a result of the momentum imparted by the throw. A disc in water or foliage is considered to be at rest once it is moving only as a result of movement of the water, the foliage, or the wind.
If it came to rest, and then falls in the basket after, most likely because of wind, it does not count.

ohtobediscing 07-13-2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShawnBoucke (Post 2080700)
Not exactly:

If it came to rest, and then falls in the basket after, most likely because of wind, it does not count.

My mistake for not being clear about what happened. The disc was bobbing on the edge of the top rim in the wind, and as I started walking towards the basket, it fell in[less than 10 secs]. As it had never established an "at rest" position, the basket counted.

ViolaBouquet 07-13-2013 08:13 PM

I think that would be at the discretion of the group. On page 24 of the rules it says:
Quote:

"The thrown disc establishes a position where it first comes to rest." That is an important concept which provides a basis for many other rules. Once a position has been established,
it remains even if the disc moves, no matter how that happens. The following rules
are now related to establishing position: disc above/below ground, broken disc, and disc in water or foliage.
I guess if your group decides that the disc was still bobbing from the throw itself and falls it counts as in, but if it was just rocking, and the wind blew it in it would not count. It's hard for anyone else to call it.

JC17393 07-13-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohtobediscing (Post 2080707)
My mistake for not being clear about what happened. The disc was bobbing on the edge of the top rim in the wind, and as I started walking towards the basket, it fell in[less than 10 secs]. As it had never established an "at rest" position, the basket counted.

If it's bobbing in the wind and no longer moving of it's own inertia, it's at rest.

Quote:

802.02 Establishing Position
B. A disc is considered to be at rest once it is no longer moving as a result of the momentum imparted by the throw. A disc in water or foliage is considered to be at rest once it is moving only as a result of movement of the water, the foliage, or the wind.