Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tournaments (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   TIP Your TD (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92256)

PhattD 07-16-2013 10:11 PM

TIP Your TD

I am going to start doing this myself. If I have a good TD I'm going to leave a tip. I will do $5 per day but any amount will show that you appreciate the hard work. Tip you TD and the post here about it. :clap:

Iron Leaf 07-17-2013 03:34 AM

Oh this should be good :popcorn:

Smigles 07-17-2013 04:21 AM

Only the tip :P

IMO real td's do their thing for growing the sport, bringing the community together, having a good time etc. A td who would accept a tip cant be good IMO.

davetherocketguy 07-17-2013 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron Leaf (Post 2086370)
Oh this should be good :popcorn:

Oh yeah, especially when you have comments like this:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smigles (Post 2086376)

IMO real td's do their thing for growing the sport, bringing the community together, having a good time etc. A td who would accept a tip cant be good IMO.

C'om on really? So if someone graciously offers an unsolicited monetary gift for your efforts you are going to do the most rude thing possible and turn them down? Take the freaking money and if it bothers you that much give it to charity.

Brall 07-17-2013 06:41 AM

they honestly may prefer a couple 6 packs of some premium local brewed beer.

i would personally feel awkward taking cash but i'd just be thankfully thirsty when given a couple tasty drinks.

NDABRUSH 07-17-2013 06:43 AM

Quote:

I hope you don't have the same philosophy when it comes to the pizza delivery guy, waiters or barkeeps. :|

jchoate7 07-17-2013 07:08 AM

Just offer to pay for his lunch or something or if you all go out after a tourney pay for a few rounds. Tipping kinda seams ridiculous.

davetherocketguy 07-17-2013 08:00 AM

I agree a 6 pack, discs, lunch or something like that would be a little less awkward than straight up cash...

ru4por 07-17-2013 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brall (Post 2086429)
they honestly may prefer a couple 6 packs of some premium local brewed beer.

i would personally feel awkward taking cash but i'd just be thankfully thirsty when given a couple tasty drinks.

I am with Brall. I don't compete much, but I am heading up to a newly reistalled/redesigned course in upper Michigan. (McSauba) and the TD is the primary driving force for getting the course reistalled, building the course, organizing work parties and assuredly countless other headaches. Figured I would send an old cooler and a six pack his way. Not a huge gift, but it is the thought that counts, right?

CaptainAnhyzer 07-17-2013 08:06 AM

Quote:

IMO real td's do their thing for growing the sport, bringing the community together, having a good time etc.

Exactly. But.........

Quote:

A td who would accept a tip cant be good IMO.

I don't get the connection here. Someone wants to voluntarily compensate me for a job well done and you think it's because i DIDN'T do a good job?

Turning down a fine craft beer for a hard days' work is just wrong IMO.