Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Disc Golf Chat (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ohio Disc Golfer Died Playing? (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92760)

agapedad 07-25-2013 08:51 PM

Ohio Disc Golfer Died Playing?

Ok-I don't want to continue unsubstantiated rumors, so I refuse to use a name.
Did anyone hear of a guy dying after stung by a bee today?

I hope it isn't true. I only played with the guy 1 time- seemed like a good guy. If you pray...pray for the family.

agapedad 07-25-2013 08:52 PM

And if you heard, but can't verify veracity, please don't use his name.

Johnny Depth 07-25-2013 08:54 PM

What area of Ohio?

Mike C 07-25-2013 09:04 PM

It happened at Portage Lakes near Akron Ohio.

I know the golfer and have thrown rounds with him. He is in one of my videos...

There was a beehive on the rough to the left on hole #18. He got stung by a bee and from what I was told 15 minutes later was on the ground.

It's an extremely tragic thing, and kind of bizarre. I can't imagine how my friend who was playing with hik is feeling, or his family. I wish all of them the best.

There will be a tournament to benefit his family. No concrete plans but everyone who knew him that I've talked to feels its the thing to do. If it happens I will post the details.

agapedad 07-25-2013 09:08 PM

Thanks Mike C. I hoped someone in the area would verify.
Was it just today? Was his son with him?

Old Bassman 07-25-2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike C (Post 2100405)
It happened at Portage Lakes near Akron Ohio.

I know the golfer and have thrown rounds with him. He is in one of my videos...

There was a beehive on the rough to the left on hole #18. He got stung by a bee and from what I was told 15 minutes later was on the ground.

It's an extremely tragic thing, and kind of bizarre. I can't imagine how my friend who was playing with hik is feeling, or his family. I wish all of them the best.

There will be a tournament to benefit his family. No concrete plans but everyone who knew him that I've talked to feels its the thing to do. If it happens I will post the details.

Please post all info about the Benefit tourney and I will help spread the info to help with participation. Also let us know where donations can be made. We will do what we can to help this sad situation.

My thoughts are with his family.

Mike C 07-25-2013 09:10 PM

Thanks bassman. I'm going to do what I can too. I didn't know him very well, but he was a talented player and was friendly to others.

Quote:

Originally Posted by agapedad (Post 2100412)
Thanks Mike C. I hoped someone in the area would verify.
Was it just today? Was his son with him?

I don't believe he was. I'm pretty tired and out of it so I'm not 100% certain but I think it was yesterday.

Johnny Depth 07-25-2013 09:14 PM

Terrible news.

:(

RIP

BogeyNoMore 07-25-2013 09:16 PM

Sorry to hear the sad news and condolences to his family.

Lamp 07-25-2013 09:17 PM

I'll keep his family in my prayers. Small world though, sucks that it had to happen to someone that the Ohio disc golfers on the forum are familiar with.