Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Disc Golf Chat (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   A good deed I'd like to share (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92815)

darren_g 07-26-2013 06:16 PM

A good deed I'd like to share

I returned (via mail) a disc I found at my local course last week. No big deal. I return discs as a matter of course.

As a reward, the owner (a teenager, I've since learned) of the disc sent me two rather high valued gift certificates. I only asked for a couple of bucks to cover postage. I'm still shocked.

I'm not sure I should post his name publicly. I just think that his actions make me feel good about "kids today", and the disc golf community in general.

araytx 07-26-2013 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren_g (Post 2101814)
I returned (via mail) a disc I found at my local course last week. No big deal. I return discs as a matter of course.

As a reward, the owner (a teenager, I've since learned) of the disc sent me two rather high valued gift certificates. I only asked for a couple of bucks to cover postage. I'm still shocked.

I'm not sure I should post his name publicly. I just think that his actions make me feel good about "kids today", and the disc golf community in general.

^^^^
Like X2:clap:

rd.bittle 07-26-2013 06:35 PM

:clap: good on both of you.

BogeyNoMore 07-26-2013 09:51 PM

it's nice to see a teen who's appreciative rather than with a sense of entitlement. :clap:

aajpity 07-26-2013 10:05 PM

You know there are plenty of actual "nice teens" right? lol.

Anyways, that's awesome. Disc Golf people are nice!

DG addict24 07-26-2013 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aajpity (Post 2102014)

Anyways, that's awesome. Disc Golf people are nice!

That's what I was going to say, being a teen. I do understand a lot are jerks though.

BogeyNoMore 07-26-2013 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aajpity (Post 2102014)

Yes, I certainly do - raised a couple of them. :D

knettles 07-27-2013 12:58 AM

That's really cool. I still have a hard time rationalizing paying the money for shipping a disc when buying one new could be close to the same price. Now if I'm going to be close to the same area as the owner, I'll definitely try to meet up to drop off someone's disc, but I've never shipped a disc to someone before.

jhgonzo 07-27-2013 02:28 AM

I lost my beloved blank medium Ion (not a FR, but an early model) at Lemon Lake, got home and had a message on my machine..."Uhh, I found what appears to be a midrange of some kind...give me a call and I'll arrange to get it back to you." Several return calls and messages ignored...I'm thinking one of dude's buddies recognized it and offered an okay amount of ching for it, so now he can't arrange for any kind of return. And to think I was going to send him an OOP Pro Line Leopard AND $20 for its safe return!

Don't effing call if you can be that easily swayed into selling someone else's property, and don't advertise yourself as a noble returner of plastic. Douche.

/butthurt

aajpity 07-27-2013 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DG addict24 (Post 2102055)
That's what I was going to say, being a teen. I do understand a lot are jerks though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore (Post 2102060)
Yes, I certainly do - raised a couple of them. :D

Yeah, I'm 17 myself. I spend most of my free time with family. They trust me enough to just let me do whatever really.. & I don't do anything bad.

Anyways, I can't say I would have sent two gift certificates.. I guess I would know if my discs would turn up rather then being held onto..