Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Disc Golf Chat (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New 'round here and to disc golf (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94129)

H.R HukkinStuff 08-20-2013 12:42 AM

New 'round here and to disc golf

Hello everyone. Recently joined the site and am new to disc golf in general. I was camping at Whistlers Bend in Oregon and met some fellas that have been playing for a while. Anyway. I played a round and have come to realize that I've been missing out. :doh: Got a decent deal on some discs from one of the guys, but apparently they are not the best type of discs I should be using as a beginner. Planning on checking out the local shop come payday. Thought I'd introduce myself and say hello.

Vorpaljesus 08-20-2013 12:55 AM

Welcome to the site and to the game buddy! Tons of awesome information here and smart people who can help you out. What kind of discs did you end up with?

Old Bassman 08-20-2013 12:56 AM

Welcome to the addiction and sport.
Get a comet and a putter.

Vorpaljesus 08-20-2013 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Bassman (Post 2137927)
Get a comet and a putter.

What he said

B3NDER 08-20-2013 02:05 AM

Oralé Esse

:hfive:

ACE Ventura 08-20-2013 03:00 AM

Welcome to DGCR and to the sport! It's great to see new faces! Soon you be one of us addicts who have an insatiable need to play and talk about disc golf. It's fun though!

I'm curious as to the plastics you got as well? I was going to recommend a Buzz, but I'm biased and a Comet will suit you perfectly. I'd recommend getting a Leopard too!

Good luck!

treehorn 08-20-2013 03:26 AM

Ah oh.. Another one bites the dust.. Welcome!!!

MrFixIt 08-20-2013 06:38 AM

Welcome to the site! Awesome username btw!

dgar 08-20-2013 07:17 AM

Welcome

Welcome... Hope you continue to enjoy the sport... Have Fun.

My tips as a beginner, and for a beginner.

Stay away from Distance drivers at first.. more than likely they all will hook left.

Find a Mid-range you like, Comet, Buzz ect, when just starting to play any one will be as good as the other.. don't get caught up in which one is best, everyone has their preference.

When you buy your fist disc bag, buy one bigger than you think you'll need, trust me on this one.. those plastic disc will accumulate faster than you think.

Find a field to practice in, Field practice even if just done occasionally will help.

Play with others better than yourself, watch their technique.. if you have a local league, that might be a great place to start, I've started playing in one and we have a weekly tournament it's very casual and newbies are welcomed.

Most important have FUN.. at times it may seem frustrating, but as a newbie progress will come fast.

The list could go on and I'm sure others will offer their advice...

OHH one more thing BUG SPRAY..

Jukeshoe 08-20-2013 08:42 AM

Love the user name! :hfive:

Also, I too recommend a comet and a putter.