Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Disc Golf Chat (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Hot Dog Stand? (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95267)

Jester87k 09-11-2013 09:14 PM

Hot Dog Stand?

So i have a portable Grill..
I was thinking about setting up at a Local Course and selling Hot Dogs/Chips/Pop
my question is 1) Would people be interested in buying? 2) Would i have to fear cops? lol i mean people smoke on course non stop and not like im gonna be making millions

Aim For The Chains 09-11-2013 09:17 PM

most cities require a license for this kind of "food cart" or truck whateverrrrr... Guys in busy areas can make 100k a year in NYC selling hotdogs like this but you will likely need a permit or something and cannot just open up a shop anywhere selling stuff no matter who, what, where'

Not a bad idea though at all specially if you went around to all the local leagues/tourneys and become the go-to guy for food/bev/snacks'

Jester87k 09-11-2013 09:19 PM

Yeah thats kind of what i figured. I'll def look into it.

Jukeshoe 09-11-2013 09:21 PM

I had this idea years ago. Make it a taco stand. Sell discs, too. Place cart near water hazard after the "smoke hole" and clean up.

scarpfish 09-11-2013 09:26 PM

In most locales, you generally need to get a business license to sell pretty much anything, and likely some sort of food permit as well. You also will have to have approval to sell your wares on public property (this is assuming the course is in a public park), which may not be permissible in some places.

Even little kids sadly, have run afowl of the law doing this.

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.

mdwamp 09-11-2013 09:26 PM

There is a guy who does that at one of our courses. He does pretty well. He did have to get a permit.

We also started having a food truck come to our tournaments for lunch. Players seem to love it and the truck owners are happy with the amount of sales generated.

OregonDG420 09-11-2013 09:36 PM

at the last tournament I played at there was a dude grilling up hotdogs and giving them out for free lol it was awesome because I was ripped to

BogeyNoMore 09-11-2013 09:46 PM

Several homes back up to Firefighter's where we play leagues. Every so often, a kid about 10-yrs old that sets up shop just beyond his backyard adjacent to 14's fairway with a cooler full of pop, water and bags of chips for a buck a pop. Looks like mom buys the jumbo sized packages at Costco, so he should be seeing a pretty healthy margin.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jukeshoe (Post 2167904)
I had this idea years ago. Make it a taco stand. Sell discs, too. Place cart near water hazard after the "smoke hole" and clean up.

Shouldn't taco'd discs be on that menu? Better yet,

"Jukeshoe's Gourmet Sammich Stand - Guaranteed to take strokes of your game!"

Jukeshoe 09-11-2013 09:51 PM

Damn, son, you eat MY sammiches it gonna ADD strokes. :p :D

Jukeshoe: <---Not exactly sure what that even means. :\ :|

shawny0123 09-11-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains (Post 2167899)
most cities require a license for this kind of "food cart" or truck whateverrrrr... Guys in busy areas can make 100k a year in NYC selling hotdogs like this but you will likely need a permit or something and cannot just open up a shop anywhere selling stuff no matter who, what, where'

Not a bad idea though at all specially if you went around to all the local leagues/tourneys and become the go-to guy for food/bev/snacks'

Work up to buying a used food truck and sell discs out of it along with hotdogs, burgers etc....a disc golfers paradise