Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Disc Golf Chat (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Best DG Store in Charlotte Area? (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95635)

Mike C 09-20-2013 09:53 AM

Best DG Store in Charlotte Area?

What DG store in Charlotte has a good selection? One with MVP / Lat 64 / Prodigy would be nice!

bhadella 09-20-2013 09:58 AM

PIAS in Pineville probably has the biggest variety and does carry all three (a bunch of Prodigy, some MVP and Latitude/Westside). Alpine Ski Center has a ton of Prodigy and a tiny amount of Latititude and is a great supporter of the local scene.

New013 09-20-2013 10:04 AM

Mike when are you coming to town again? Need to make sure I make it down that way and get a round in.

bhadella 09-20-2013 10:12 AM

Prodigy has had a strong presence in Charlotte with a team member calling Charlotte home. I see lots of Prodigy plastic out there. I rarely see MVP discs but they seem to all be Anodes and Ions. The Swedish plastic hasn't really taken off around here (other than the River).

Mike C 09-20-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New013 (Post 2177784)
Mike when are you coming to town again? Need to make sure I make it down that way and get a round in.

Flying out Saturday morning, I'll be there until monday or tuesday. Bringing my camera, hope to shoot a few courses out there and maybe pick up some Ions and D1's and F2's.

bfowler 09-20-2013 11:05 AM

There are a number of stores in the Charlotte area but only a few if you're looking for MVP, Prodigy, or Lat64. I mostly throw MVP and Lat so it can be a pain in the butt if you like to hold a disc before you buy it.

Play It Again Sports - (8332 Pineville-Matthews Road Location)
Little bit of everything.
MVP - 2 or 3 small rows mixed up. Maybe 20-30 disc selection.(Granted it's been a few months since I've been there)

Lat64 - About the same. Seemed to have mostly recycled plastic.

Prodigy - Don't know...only recently started throwing it.

Infinite's End - University Area (Mostly Innova but carry a few rows of the other stuff)

MVP - 7-8 Proton Ions, all around 175, 7-8 Proton Vectors, all around 175 and all of them are clear.

Lat64 - Opto & Goldline Rivers, Havocs & XXX. One row each. Variety of weights.

Prodigy - D1 and D4's. M1. Maybe some additional ones but that's all I remember.

Alpine Ski Shop - IMHO they have the best selection.

MVP - Almost all Neutron stuff. I was there about a month ago and the guy said they were not ordering much Proton as all as the Neutron sold way better. Last I was there they had a large variety in Neutron. They had a few disc of everything except the Volt. Guy said a tournament the weekend before cleaned him out.

Lat64 - Opto and Goldline - Large variety with a slant towards Lats more popular discs.

Prodigy - Best place to go for Prodigy. The only place I've found the Fairway drivers. They also carried all the driver and Putters although they had few in the 400 series plastic at the time I went.

There also a few Smoke Shop but they only carry Innova and Discraft. There's also a small used bookstore that carries some discs around the University area called, The Last Word. Very small selection. Prodigy drivers and mostly Innova. Some used discs.

shawny0123 09-20-2013 12:22 PM

I always thought Charlotte would have a true dedicated Disc golf shop considering I always hear how huge disc is in that area and with all the quality courses around it.

Rob Martin 09-20-2013 12:42 PM

Maybe DD needs to set up a shop in Charlotte.

grodney 09-20-2013 01:00 PM

There was a dedicated shop when I moved here in '01 (ought-one is how we say it). It was near-ish the Penguin. But disc golf has kind of died out in Charlotte since then, so it's not surprising it's gone now.

Script 09-20-2013 01:00 PM

I own Alchemy Disc Golf in Charlotte, NC. We are a mobile setup at the moment and sell and rent plastic every Wednesday at a course. Our stock online is not up to date, but I'm sure I could meet you at a course and bring my selection of MVP, Lat64 and Prodigy.

www.alchemydiscgolf.com