Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Disc Golf Courses (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Acorn park- odd player I see each Friday (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97531)

DinosaurThunder 11-03-2013 02:11 PM

Acorn park- odd player I see each Friday

Has anyone seen the guy who runs through the holes at Acorn playing through each group? He has an odd system where he tees off on a hole, runs back to the previous hole and putts out, then runs a hole a head to tee off again and continues this routine through all 18. He can be heard with his signature phrase "hey mind if I rip one and play through with you". This past Friday I ran into him again and he said he has been doing this since '97. Has anyone else seen this guy? This was the third time I have see him doing this and it really slowed down everyone's rounds with the confusion he creates on each hole.

BigSky 11-03-2013 02:37 PM

Have you asked why he does this? And to please knock it off? :p

B3NDER 11-03-2013 02:41 PM

Sounds like he has the standard "self entitled" 'merican attitude.

rickztahone 11-03-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DinosaurThunder (Post 2226078)
..."hey mind if I rip one and play through with you....

Does he ever give you chance to answer or does he just tee off? I've never had anyone do this at our local course.

scarpfish 11-03-2013 03:01 PM

Someone needs to tell him that things you could probably get away with back in 1997 aren't doable anymore. Either find a less crowded course, play at an off peak time, or wait your turn.

BirdieMachine 11-03-2013 03:04 PM

You are probably talking about me. Yeah so Friday is my disc day at Acorn so cool.

davetherocketguy 11-03-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DinosaurThunder (Post 2226078)
Has anyone seen the guy who runs through the holes at Acorn playing through each group? He has an odd system where he tees off on a hole, runs back to the previous hole and putts out, then runs a hole a head to tee off again and continues this routine through all 18. He can be heard with his signature phrase "hey mind if I rip one and play through with you". This past Friday I ran into him again and he said he has been doing this since '97. Has anyone else seen this guy? This was the third time I have see him doing this and it really slowed down everyone's rounds with the confusion he creates on each hole.

I'm not one to advocate violence but how is it that this guy hasn't been punched square in the face already?

DavidInIowa 11-03-2013 03:41 PM

If I saw a guy doing that on a regular schedule I would not be able to resist the temptation to steal something of his.

No sir, I didn't see where your driver landed. Maybe you should have played it after throwing it instead of running off somewhere else. Maybe a squirrel took it.

goody 11-03-2013 03:52 PM

I've run into this guy several times. He's always polite and he plays at a run, so I'm not sure how he's slowing everyone down so much. Friday he played through after I'd thrown on 3 and by the time I teed off on 4 he was already playing 5. While I've never seen what he does on later holes, I know he leaves his bag on six before throwing four and five (very short loop). I'm not sure why punching him in the face or telling him to stop is so important. I'd rather have strong conversations with the guys who play in groups of 3 or 4 and won't let anybody play through them because, "it's crowded." Even though there's no group in front of them and I'm getting to the tee pads about the time they are teeing off.

davetherocketguy 11-03-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goody (Post 2226136)
I'm not sure why punching him in the face or telling him to stop is so important. .

No, I'm not say that I would or that I would encourage anyone to do the punching. I'm just a little surprised based on the OP's description that it hasn't happened already.