Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technique & Strategy (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   What exactly is "Perfect Form"? (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98144)

MurderMike41370 11-16-2013 04:29 PM

What exactly is "Perfect Form"?

What is perfect form when driving and who has it?
Could we say Ken Climo does since he has 12 world championships?
Or how about Paul McBeth who is the best in the sport right now?
Maybe Will Schusterick because he can throw really far?
Would you say you had perfect form if you aced a hole?
What IS perfect form? Everyone's form is different, so who has it?

BigSky 11-16-2013 04:34 PM

It's a myth. Ask any one of those guys and they'll tell you their form is not perfect.

bfowler 11-16-2013 04:49 PM

Perfect form is the whatever form gets the disc to do what you want it to do to it's maximum potential.

Different people have different body types and physical motions so no two are exactly the same but we can come up with certain things that almost all good disc golfers do that yield the best and most consistent results.

It's not rocket science but it is science.

Eemeli137 11-16-2013 04:52 PM

Perfect form is what works with you.

Widdershins 11-16-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bfowler (Post 2243553)
Perfect form is the whatever form gets the disc to do what you want it to do to it's maximum potential.

Different people have different body types and physical motions so no two are exactly the same but we can come up with certain things that almost all good disc golfers do that yield the best and most consistent results.

There is a 2nd component. Efficacy, as bfowler notes above is the 1st component. The 2nd is injury avoidance.

Good form achieves the results without breaking down the body, even considering constant use over many years.

The best Pro athletes have successful, long term careers. They can make the games they play look effortless because they are so smooth, balanced, graceful and fluid.

But since all of us have different bodies what works best for any one of us is a function of our both our strengths and weaknesses, as well as the wisdom to listen to our bodies and walk that tightrope between too little and too much training.

Star Shark 11-17-2013 12:31 AM

these days, I'd say that Will Schusterick and Paul McBeth have the best form out there on the men's side. On the women's side, Paige Pierce.

In terms of the concept of perfect form, my opinion is that perfect form is the cleanest, simplest and easiest to repeat motions to achieve a balance between maximum distance and accuracy. There will be variances in what that is from person to person due to the aforementioned differences in body types.

BigGAC1 11-17-2013 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bfowler (Post 2243553)

This :clap::hfive:

B3NDER 11-17-2013 01:18 AM

After this, can someone FINALLY, tell me "what is par"?

Dan Ensor 11-17-2013 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B3NDER (Post 2243992)
After this, can someone FINALLY, tell me "what is par"?

The score a scratch golfer should shoot.

Can you tell me what a "scratch golfer" is?

B3NDER 11-17-2013 01:33 AM

Apparently the guy to be.