Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Disc Golf Chat (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Extreme Arm Pain (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98790)

Midnightbiker 11-30-2013 11:25 PM

Extreme Arm Pain

I don't know what I did, but about 2-3 weeks ago, I started to get an aching pain in my throwing arm (right handed). It started in my forearm, and I get it sometimes in my bicep. On Friday, I started playing, and I didn't feel it , till about two throws in, my arm felt like it was going to fall off, it was hurting so bad.

I will say at my job, I do a lot of pulling and pushing, tightening and loosening cargo straps on a open bed cargo truck. I have been doing it for a couple of years, but the pain just started a few weeks ago. Sometimes it aches and sometimes, I am fine, till I throw a disc.

Now I put some Icy Hot on it, and took some pain pills during the round, and it seemed to have gotten a little better, but today , its sore again. I am thinking of taking a few weeks off from playing. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas, or have had anything like this, or should I just go ahead and see the doctor?

Rol6566 11-30-2013 11:34 PM

Tennis elbow?

ranger 11-30-2013 11:37 PM

Flex bar

smokfraglerock 11-30-2013 11:42 PM

Have you tried a heating pad. If its a muscle then apply heat. If its a joint issue then ice. Definetly take some time off. Don't cripple yourself. Then you cant play disc golf anymore.:(
If it still hurts after a couple of days rest then go see a doctor. Good luck.

Midnightbiker 11-30-2013 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smokfraglerock (Post 2260618)
Have you tried a heating pad. If its a muscle then apply heat. If its a joint issue then ice. Definetly take some time off. Don't cripple yourself. Then you cant play disc golf anymore.:(
If it still hurts after a couple of days rest then go see a doctor. Good luck.

Yea, as much as it sucks, I think I am going to stop playing till the week of Christmas, so that will give me three weeks off from playing.

kaiser flippin 11-30-2013 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnightbiker (Post 2260619)
Yea, as much as it sucks, I think I am going to stop playing till the week of Christmas, so that will give me three weeks off from playing.

At least it's winter, but that would seem like forever to me.

ru4por 12-01-2013 12:01 AM

Maybe the doctor? Of course, nowhere near the depth of knowledge available here..... :confused:

loki the trickster 12-01-2013 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rol6566 (Post 2260600)
Tennis elbow?

i will second this!

BrotherDave 12-01-2013 12:13 AM

Forearm and bicep? That sounds a little more involved than the usual tendinitis. Do you have any bruises visible? If so, could indicate a torn muscle. My guess is you've strained a tendon that attaches your forearm to your bicep, at the attachment areas.

Take 2/3 weeks off and baby it. Start with ice for a few days then start putting some heat on it and ease back into your disc golf activity very slowly. If the problem persists, either A) take months off to heal or B) go see a medical professional.

Stardoggy 12-01-2013 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ru4por (Post 2260644)
Maybe the doctor? Of course, nowhere near the depth of knowledge available here..... :confused:

Umm yeah.