Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Disc Golf Chat (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   4 step X Step causing right knee pain? (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99221)

Uncle Matt 12-11-2013 02:31 PM

4 step X Step causing right knee pain?

For the past couple of years I've been dealing with some knee pain. It's the right knee that I rotate on. It got so bad today that I had to do something about it,so I changed something.

I went from a 4 step X-Step to just your regular ol 3 Step X-Step. Almost instantly It took the pressure off my knee. I'm still hurting at the moment,but I could tell a big difference with my knee.

Could it be possible I'm just not rotating correctly when doing a 4 step over the 3 step?

The Hammer 12-11-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Matt (Post 2274000)
For the past couple of years I've been dealing with some knee pain. It's the right knee that I rotate on. It got so bad today that I had to do something about it,so I changed something.

I went from a 4 step X-Step to just your regular ol 3 Step X-Step. Almost instantly It took the pressure off my knee. I'm still hurting at the moment,but I could tell a big difference with my knee.

Could it be possible I'm just not rotating correctly when doing a 4 step over the 3 step?

Are you pivoting on your heel or the ball of your foot? Pivoting on the ball of your foot will cause all kinds of knee problems.

Uncle Matt 12-11-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Hammer (Post 2274017)
Are you pivoting on your heel or the ball of your foot? Pivoting on the ball of your foot will cause all kinds of knee problems.

I have no clue man,never really payed attention lol. It could be possible I was doing that since you say it causes knee pain.

All I know is when I changed to a 3 step it was like a breath of fresh air for my knee.

The Hammer 12-11-2013 02:50 PM

Video yourself to see. What you feel may not be real. I used to think I was a ball pivot guy until someone filmed me throwing. I was surprised to see that I always pivot on my heel, which was a relief.

Uncle Matt 12-11-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Hammer (Post 2274043)
Video yourself to see. What you feel may not be real. I used to think I was a ball pivot guy until someone filmed me throwing. I was surprised to see that I always pivot on my heel, which was a relief.

If only I had a camera. I'm a poor man. Luckily I can afford a few discs everynow and then. :thmbup:

I'll ask if any of my buddies have a camera.

The Hammer 12-11-2013 03:00 PM

Use a camera phone

Uncle Matt 12-11-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Hammer (Post 2274053)
Use a camera phone

lol. My phone don't have that.

Kenny53691 12-11-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Matt (Post 2274075)
lol. My phone don't have that.

Sounds like you just need to have someone watch you, then let us know....

Uncle Matt 12-11-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenny53691 (Post 2274160)
Sounds like you just need to have someone watch you, then let us know....

Cool. I got some guys that just got into it that I can get to watch me.

threevok 12-11-2013 06:45 PM

Stand outside the window of the "Today Show" and let us know when you will be on.