View Single Post
Old 11-01-2011, 05:59 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by E_Rock25 View Post
My observation of most current course greens…

They are too easy. What I mean is there are very few greens that provide risk/reward i.e. rollaway/fast greens, elevated/lowered pin placement, obstacles inside the circle, water in play and or other things that will challenge higher level players.
I'm surprised to hear you say this, but I guess I live in a different part of the country. There's one green at my home course that our club is particularly proud of, but there's no photo of it on the website here. I'll have to remedy that and revisit this thread after I've got the photo uploaded. For those who know, it's hole 11, the "Rock Shot" hole, at Oregon Park. When Kevin McCoy, who takes pride in designing intersting greens, designed the current layout, this was one of several holes he decided to preserve in his design. There are some wonderfully creative greens at Flyboy in Whitesburg, GA, that you might look up as well.

A simple suggestion is to place your baskets near obstables, on slopes, or near water. Do you really mean to tell us that most of the courses around you have all the greens on flat, open, grassy lawns??

Last edited by Lewis; 11-01-2011 at 06:03 PM.