View Single Post
Old 11-01-2011, 06:09 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 74
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
I'm surprised to hear you say this, but I guess I live in a different part of the country. There's one green at my home course that our club is particularly proud of, but there's no photo of it on the website here. I'll have to remedy that and revisit this thread after I've got the photo uploaded. For those who know, it's hole 11, the "Rock Shot" hole, at Oregon Park. When Kevin McCoy, who takes pride in designing intersting greens, designed the current layout, this was one of several holes he decided to preserve in his design. There are some wonderfully creative greens at Flyboy in Whitesburg, GA, that you might look up as well.

A simple suggestion is to place your baskets near obstables, on slopes, or near water. Do you really mean to tell us that most of the courses around you have all the greens on flat, open, grassy lawns??
There are some greens on most course's that are on slopes or have obstacles near by.... but think about course's you have played as a whole. I bet most of the greens are not that great and could be much better. Putting needs to be much harder in our great sport IMO. I am sick of seeing pros in videos and live miss 30' putts and just drop in for par. I want consequences for missing.