View Single Post
Old 03-07-2008, 04:37 PM

Years Playing: 25.9
Courses Played: 40
Everyone's got a Sedgely Woods story. I've heard stories about kids hiding in the bushes near the baskets and then stealing people's discs when they land 250-300 feet away from the tee pad. Sounds like a game me and my friends would have invented when we were 13. With a 250 foot head start, you pretty much can't lose.

I played Sedgely on a bitter cold day in January once. There was a homeless guy across the street from the course. He stood there with his pants at his ankles and his johnson just hanging out, waiting for some frostbite I guess. We think he was looking for 3 hots and a cot with indecent exposure the easiest way to achieve it. That's one way to flag down a cop.

Weirdest thing I think I've ever seen was at Seneca. This huge majestic tree (across the creek from Hole 5) came crashing down while we were playing. It was a gorgeous day with little wind. We have no idea what could have caused this tree to fall. The noise it made as it came crashing down was incredible. We all just looked at each other in bewilderment. Did that really just happen?