View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 03:49 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 20.3
Courses Played: 110
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgkdisc View Post
If a 36-year old feels he can't hang with Open then maybe he should be an Amateur or if his rating is already under 970, he can enter Advanced.
Thanks for the responses everyone.
Said 36 yr. old being myself has been a consistent 950-960 rated player for 5yrs and has played Adv. for the majority of that time doing Open every once in a while. In CO the Open masters division best represents my playing level and has for years. I have minimal, to no shot, of ever cashing in Open and generally will place top 5 in every tournament if playing Adv.

I am in a predicament this year in that I went to the Player's Cup where everyone cashed. Will I have to renew as a Pro even though the PC was an X tier or can I renew as an AM?

I'm pretty sure all the Masters players in CO wouldn't have a problem w/ me being in there division it just seems the PDGA has an issue. Which is frustrating if you are a player stuck in the grey area of ratings and skill level and have been for years. Before you say just practice more or go play Open and you will get better....these are not options for everyone especially with a Wife and 2 kids and having to pony that extra $$ to play an event where you are already outclassed before you hit the first tee.