View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 10:13 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 18.7
Courses Played: 169
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgkdisc View Post
A consistent 36-yr old 950-960 player is an Advanced player not a Pro Master player even if your rating is in their range. You'll have to renew as a Pro for 2012 since you accepted cash. I'm thinking you could have asked to get payout from Players Cup in merch to keep Am status. I would think Dodge would have been fine giving you all kinds of Vibram discs in lieu of cash. You can still petition Tour Director, Andrew, to reinstate as an Am to save $25.
Except that you have to wait until you haven't accepted cash for a year before you can just get a possible reinstatement to AM status.
(Please also STOP saying OPEN Masters - there is NO such thing as OPEN Masters as OPEN is Open to anyone, where Masters is restricted to 40 year old and older in a PDGA sanctioned Event)

I face the same things here in GA when the TD's go with no PRO Masters Divisions - I either get nothing or last cahs in Open or play ADV for a competitve game, but feel like crap playing AM even though it is competitive after playing pro for 15 years.
In large out of state Events I always play Pro GM as it is where I am the most competitive, but in local events even in Pro Masters, there are several players in the 970+ ratings range - making it still a challenge to be competitive or cash in smaller fields with my 951 rating.