View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 08:44 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 18.7
Courses Played: 169
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgkdisc View Post
Sorry Keith, open masters can be as descriptively correct as Open Women or open amateur. Those divisions would be "open" to all players who meet some basic requirements. Remember that regular Open is still restricted to current PDGA members at A-tiers and higher who are not temporarily suspended.
I'm not going to debate semantics with the semantics king, but everyone knows when people say "open" Masters for PDGA Sanctioned Events they are trying to say PRO masters - Masters and any age restricted divisions are NOT open - as only those meeting age requirements are eligible to play in them - Open Pro or ADV are the only eligible Divisions for anyone able to throw a disc no matter their age, sex, or rating and that the Open women division is restricted to gender of females, while women are eligible to play Open Pro Men, men are not eligible to play Open Women - so for all intents and purposes of the original posters question and my original request to stop saying Open Masters - my request is accurate and your response is as off base as the "open" Masters people.

Happy New Year by the way Chuck - Look forward to seeing you in Charlotte!