Thread: 2012: boots bag
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 07:16 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 17.2
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
ok so a lil update on the progress. i picked up a sss warlock that is really not sss anyway. more like a stiff omega . i have managed to adjust to having my index finger under the bead and have been working with it to get comfortable using it. ive been making more putts lately and have been more consistent with my release. im still spin putting but its more of a hybrid push/spin like yeti. ive been using warlocks only for driving,putting and approaching and its been great so far. i kinda miss my omegas but the warlocks seem to be doing the job and feel better with my index finger under the "bead" than it ever did on the megs. no sure if thats all in my head or what but who cares.

ive also tossed in rocs again and took out my buzzz's for now to get my timing in order since i toss the comets very similar to the rocs. its kinda weird not having anything faster than qj's for distance but they are sneaky long and my lines have been easier to hit.

i do think i need something to handle winds because my beefiest qj does not handle moderate/heavy winds too well. so i thought about just tossing in a pd to handle that spot instead of throwing in a new driver . what you guys think? as of now my bag is this:

175 qjls - later run and most stable of the 4. very eagle like (been thinkin of replacing this with a pd or something)
172 ce qjls - straight/semi fresh with small fade and handles mild winds
174 ce qjls - seasoned and less HSS than the ^ and is easier to work while not being flippy (added to fit between the newer ce qj and beat qj)
170 ce qjls - beat up and understable like a roadrunner

173 fb - utility

180 kenny glow roc - beef
180 dx san marino roc - straight stable with fade
174 seasoned dx rancho - straight/understable touchy
172 domey esp first run comet - straight as an arrow
179 old z comet - fresh - straight with little fade

174 esp zone - utility

174 sss warlock - main putter
163 ss warlock - approach/upshots- til i beat up a warlock thats heavier
175 ss glow warlock - beefy - driver putter and approach

so far my game has shown improvements. my timing seems to be coming together again. my adjustments to rocs and comets wasnt bad since i used to throw rocs a good while back. having nothing but qj's does make shot selection easier lol. same goes the rest of the bag since its only 6 molds now. as much as it kills me to want to throw big drivers on some courses,ive been making the best of it and its definitely fun crushing a qj still be able to keep up with others full bags.

if all works well as i think it will,ill prob be rebuilding my bag around this setup. im not sure how much longer ill be keeping this setup but im in no rush to hurry back to my old setup. i know its for the better and that doesnt bother me.

suggestions to replace the "beefy" qj? i thought about throwing in a eagle or tb but since i have pd's i was looking to add one,even if its a speed 10 but im open to suggestions/