View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 10:14 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 100
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. America View Post
Without having to wade through nearly 100 pages of stuff, how should I expect the Vector, Axis and Ion to fly as compared a Wasp, Comet and KC Pro Aviar or APX?
The Vector will likely seem faster and more HSS than the Wasp, unless it's a 1st run Vector and then all that plus way more LSS too.

The Axis and Comet are pretty close. The Comet is a bit slower and the Axis can take a bit more power, i.e. you don't need perfect form to launch the Axis on a frozen rope. The Axis really likes straight, you can turn it over or give it enough hyzer to end with fade but it really wants to go straight all the time and finish forward. Comets go/finish where ever you threw them (correctly).

Ions (especially 3rd runs and later) will likely fade more than both, be way more HSS than the APX (and KC Pro unless it's a particularly beefy one), fights annys, and handle wind better. As far as putting goes, the Ion is kind of like the APX in that it can tend to lock onto a line and stay (putt with a little nose up and too much spin with the Ion and you'll see what I'm talking about). The Ion takes a little dialing in to putt with it well as opposed to the Aviar which can be heaved at the basket more as opposed to aiming. The LSS of an Ion is a lot greater than with an APX.