Thread: [MVP] MVP Anode Putter
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 08:03 PM
* Ace Member *

I got a few dozen throws with my 3 Anodes today behind the school I work at before it got dark (too bad they didn't debut in Eclipse...). The Anode is my kind of putter driver...Straight, fast, and glidey. The high speed stability held up to my hardest throws of the day, which felt like about 350'. Despite this I was able to get it to hold very small degrees of anny and work skinny S turns. They held beautiful annies and hyzers. The fade is late yet consistent. I realize it's still early, but I dare say that I like the way these fly a little better than I ever liked the neutral flying Ions.

I have a 171, 172, and 174g. The lighter ones dropped slower, but also seemed to fade a bit more. The heavier one (beautiful cobalt/violet color) is very neutral. In the field I didn't notice too much difference in distance between the Anode and Ion, but I do think the Anode flies farther on lower lines. Overall I could easily imagine my bag with more Anodes than Ions in the near future. And yes, I am drooling imagining how the softs are going to fly.

Tomorrow I should get to take my Anodes to the course.