Thread: [Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 05:16 PM
*Moderator*

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarkquart View Post
Curious about how the Birdie Bash works. I am planning on playing in one on Friday. The deal is 25 dollars for two discs. Not that it is going to sway me one way or another, but how does it work? Are there two assigned discs? Obviously this would make sense considering the course; you would need a putter and likely a driver because it has some longer holes and you are trying to make birdies afterall. Are you allowed to pick which two? If so, I always wanted to try a Soft Trak and Ridge, but I could never bring myself to actually put down the money on them. 25 dollars for 34 dollars worth of discs, not a bad deal, and a fun tournament on top of that.
$25, Steve talks and shakes hands, you pick any 2 discs he has in the boxes, then people split up into random groups and play.

He experimented with metal hits for tie breakers last weekend. Assuming this is the new format (which seemed to go extremely well) then you count birdies as well as metal (anywhere on he basket including the lock at the bottome). If there is a tie at the end of the round then the metal hits will determine the winner so there's less chance of a need for a play-off.

He will have XL-Medium and maybe some firms. Don't get all crazy thinking he's been hanging onto Softs since last fall.

Go and have a good time. Yes, $25 for $32 worth of discs is a great deal.