Old 05-22-2012, 11:49 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilythekid View Post
It probably sounds dumb, but what you really need is:

Time in the field and the right discs, but Mostly time in the field. Nothing helps you find your smooth "maximum efficiency throw" like throwing all your drivers for an hour or two back and forth a couple days a week for a month. All of a sudden this one shot went way further than the others, then you start figuring out why it did that, then you cultivate it, repeat, and now your a monster

Just remember that there are trees on most disc golf courses, field bombs don't equate to 1000 rated golf...
As much as I probably need to do this...it's just sooo boring! After throwing for maybe 15 minutes on the same open field hole I was getting worn out too. Every time I got to the course I like throw all my discs on one whole a few times over...if the course isn't crowded. So far I've lucked out.

Also I know what you mean about the big bombs not necessarily making you the best player. My 18 hole course weaves through the woods and many of the holes ranging from like 133 ft. to 400ft. require much more accuracy and finesse than they do big arms.