My first attempt at dying a golf disc. I didn't have transfer paper so I ended up cutting the design right on the disc. Used RIT liquid dye. It didn't take. A couple days later I applied a new sheet of vinyl and by shining a light from the bottom I re-cut the design using the old cut lines and slight discoloring as my guide. Second dye with powder dye worked great.
This was my second attempt at dying a golf disc. I cut the design using a desk lamp under a piece of glass. I then used painters masking tape as my transfer tape. This actually worked better than I expected. I think I went a little too dark with the mid-tones. But was happy with it for my first attempt at a "two color" dye.