View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 08:38 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 32.3
Courses Played: 24
Nothing frustrates me more than ****ty pictures.

Other than the few locals, most of you guys, just looking at the original pictures would have no idea what this hole actually requires in order not to get a bogey.

Its a tough little hole.

I live a few minutes from this course, so I went down and took some better pictures today.

I would love it if Grip would make a note in the original post that better pictures are available on page four of the thread.

Look at these, then you may want to repost a disc and shot choice if necessary.

First, this is an overall hole view. The tee is in the woods directly in front of the camera, the basket is at the far right hand side of the picture, right of the last tree you see.

I want everyone to see that a thumber, or other up and over shot is not an option, a low line drive is the only way to get there.

Next, is the " wide right " option. This is also a no go, as you can see from the tee box, there is too much low hanging brush on the right for that shot.

This leaves the tunnel as the only option.
So , looking straight out from the tee, first thing you have to do is decide which gap you want to throw through.

As you can see, a couple of small trees force you to play either the left or right gap. The gap on the left, between the small trees and the larger tree on the left side is about six feet wide at around 5 feet off the ground. This is the best spot to throw through to get to the basket.

The gap on the right of the small trees is also an option, but, because the tee is elevated, you need to throw downhill to hit it, and then you would need the disc to rise back up, then hyzer left towards the basket.

Here is the view from the front of the teebox, looking directly toward the basket. This shows that any shot slightly left, or right off the tee is gonna meet with instant disaster.

Here is a zoom of the basket, from the tee, to show you the gap you need to hit.

Next post I will add the rest of the challenges to this little hole.