View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 07:39 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 37
Throwing Style: RHBH
Unless the disc was intentionally thrown directly towards the basket I doubt a less than 2 meter throw would ever be called. It's when a player throws a disc to a caddie or tosses it across a fairway that is an obvious violation. I saw another guy toss a disc to his bag and it stood up and rolled down a hill...about 90 feet.

I noticed on the PDGA site there is document called "How to Run a PDGA Tour Event". It suggests the TD go over common rules for novice or beginner players. If that actually happened I think it would make players more mindful that this is a sanctioned event and they are responsible knowing and following the PDGA rules of play.

How to Run a PDGA Tour Event
C. PLAYER'S MEETING
C3. Basic Rules
Go over a few of the more basic rules for any new or novice players. This should include: use of a mini and proper stance, a falling putt, and, for everyone, courtesy towards fellow players - show other players the same courtesy and respect that you would expect them to show you. Remind players that no alcoholic beverages or drugs are allowed. : "Respect Park Laws and the PDGA Rules of Play!" Have fun.