Disc Jock Armory/Hyzer Bomb Squib. They work!
...sorta. They take some tinkering. I've posted a bunch of various stages in other threads of my modifications to the bag. So I figured I would condense it all into one thread for anyone who might be curious.
First, the bag itself is right around $25.00. Although it is just a re-branded bag available online for slightly less. So, that should also spark up a light above your head that this bag is not actually designed for disc golf. Which is true. But, with a little work it can be a pretty serviceable bag for 10-12 disc players looking for a casual round bag/spare trunk bag/just a cheap bag.
The most important thing to do intitally is examine what this bag offers on its own merits. Then you can come up with the best way to utilize modifications. It's light, which is good. But it's not made of great material, which is bad. It has a lot of pockets, which is good. But these pockets aren't designed with DG in mind.
The "main" part of the bag is separated into two compartments. The back compartment is the bigger of the two, but is only accessed through a zipper that goes about 3/4 up the bag. I'm sure that's sleek and neat when you're carrying books or clothes, but it doesn't do much for trying to get discs in and out. (unless you're just throwing discs into the bag, which is fine, but then you wouldn't be interested in what I'm doing) The front compartment zipper is much better, going from the very bottom, up, and even across the bag to the other side. "Yes," I thought. This I can work with. But, alas, the compartment itself was barely big enough for 4 or so discs withough bulging uncomfortably.
So the solution for me was to cut out the wall between the two compartments. It was just a thin section of fabric anyways. (first picture) With a wide open single compartment, I had a little more to work with options-wise. Unfortunately, the bag's bottom area was still too shallow for discs to be stored side-to-side. So front-to-back it was.
I decided to build a pvc frame so I could hopefully get the bag to stand up on the ground. This was some trial-and-error. At first I build a full-pvc frame with bars in the front and back for support, and bars on the bottom spaced out to cradle the discs. It did work, and was solid. But was too bulky for the small bag and only let me fit 6 discs. So I took out the front and back supports, and swapped them with cardboard waterproofed with black duct tape. I also cut out the bottom of an old Lightning Discs bag I had and secured it to the bottom of the frame to create a slightly U-shaped cradle so the discs didn't awkwardly sit in the pvc frame. (picture two)
The end result of that frame is a comfortable ten discs (picture three).