View Single Post
Old 07-21-2012, 12:02 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 8
Throwing Style: RHBH
The “drink holder” is nothing but a mesh pocket. It doesn’t even have a bottom to speak of, it’s just sewn into the bag. It does, however, fit my ipod speakers rather well. There are also little loops at the ends of every zipper, offering nice little places for birdie beads/towels/etc. (picture one)

I also had cut off the mini pocket from that Lightning Discs bag and sewed it on to the front of the bag. There are a few places to keep a mini (the top pocket was where I kept it originally) but I like this better. I also removed a pencil/scorecard pocket and sewed it to the side pocket. Finally, I attached an insulated Nalgene cozy to the side of the sling strap I’m not using. (pictures two and three, respectively)

Overall, the bag is now solid, stands up, gives me easy access to 10 discs in the main compartment and 2 putters in the front. Has pockets and access to most things I would need in a round. It doesn’t have all the bells and whistles of a Voodoo or a Grip, but for the price…who cares? Overall, the bag cost me about $35.00 (I spent a little more than that, but I didn’t calculate some trial-and-error aspects that aren’t in the final product).

I’m pretty happy with the end result. I’m kind of addicted to tinkering with this bag, so we’ll see if I think up any other Frankenstein-ish things to do to it in the future.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_000642.jpg (79.5 KB, 122 views)
File Type: jpg WP_000664.jpg (56.3 KB, 183 views)
File Type: jpg WP_000665.jpg (86.5 KB, 125 views)