View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 01:41 AM
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::

Years Playing: 11.9
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampabay View Post
I've learned much of the same lesson my friend. I have a janky shoulder so I usually throw with more hyzer than I should anyways. Throwing a xXx might as well be throwing a sky hook every time.

I enjoy your mindset on a bag, I've thought of going warship, fuse, pd, sword and if I'm feeling crazy I'd throw in a CE FX. We will see my friend, we will see.
Doesn't seem like a bad idea to me.

I've been meaning to write something up about this, but I find many comparisons between soccer/hockey/basketball (soccer especially) positions/formations and "slots" in a bag. Like right now, I'm playing a 1-1-2-1 (Cannon or Rampage, JLS, Drone/Fuse, and Magnet)...my striker stays all the way up, my offensive mid moves around a lot, and my defensive mids/defenders keep a solid base for me to work off of; all of that of course overseen by the ever so important sweeper.

Now, for shape. How far can my left back [Drone] overlap my attacking center mid [JLS]? How does it "play" when it switches with my right back [Fuse]?

The analogies go on, but that's what drastic hyzer and anyhzer angles can bring to the table. That's how good teams win - they can cover for each other. Same goes with plastic, sometimes there is no better shot than a huge anny with an FLX Drone. Other times, a really really really powered down Rampage is the way to go. It's all about how you use your arsenal, not what it consists of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disc Fiend View Post
They are in the secret stash spot (my closet)