View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 01:41 AM
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::
Years Playing: 13.5
Courses Played: 21
Throwing Style: RHBH
Originally Posted by tampabay View Post
I've learned much of the same lesson my friend. I have a janky shoulder so I usually throw with more hyzer than I should anyways. Throwing a xXx might as well be throwing a sky hook every time.

I enjoy your mindset on a bag, I've thought of going warship, fuse, pd, sword and if I'm feeling crazy I'd throw in a CE FX. We will see my friend, we will see.
Doesn't seem like a bad idea to me.

I've been meaning to write something up about this, but I find many comparisons between soccer/hockey/basketball (soccer especially) positions/formations and "slots" in a bag. Like right now, I'm playing a 1-1-2-1 (Cannon or Rampage, JLS, Drone/Fuse, and Magnet) striker stays all the way up, my offensive mid moves around a lot, and my defensive mids/defenders keep a solid base for me to work off of; all of that of course overseen by the ever so important sweeper.

Now, for shape. How far can my left back [Drone] overlap my attacking center mid [JLS]? How does it "play" when it switches with my right back [Fuse]?

The analogies go on, but that's what drastic hyzer and anyhzer angles can bring to the table. That's how good teams win - they can cover for each other. Same goes with plastic, sometimes there is no better shot than a huge anny with an FLX Drone. Other times, a really really really powered down Rampage is the way to go. It's all about how you use your arsenal, not what it consists of.

Originally Posted by Disc Fiend View Post
They are in the secret stash spot (my closet)