View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 08:48 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 122
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERicJ View Post
I wonder how much stomping there would have been if they'd actually enforced the rest of that rule:

803.04. Stance, Subsequent to Teeing Off -
H. The player may not retrieve the originally thrown disc prior to the re-throw, except in the case of a putt from within 10 meters. Where a disc is retrieved in violation of this rule, a one throw penalty shall be imposed without a warning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradharris View Post
Yeah, I was pretty confused as to why they were letting him retrieve it. It was a jump putt, so clearly they agreed he was out of the circle.
I would bet that they were using common sense. If they said he couldn't "retrieve" his disc (since it went in), does it mean he has to putt with a different putter at a basket with a disc in it? Normally after a made putt, whoever throws next can ask the previous putter to clear his disc. Or can Nikko go clear the putter (under the rules) but not use the same disc? Or ... If you're outside 10m it's just tough putt as it is, (that doesn't seem to fit the rule of fairness, especially when pros can make those putts reasonably often), then if he doesn't make the second one he still doesn't have to clear???

Any thoughts guys??? Thinking about it right now, I think I'd let him go get it if the putt went in after I called the f-fault, but if he missed I'd enforce the no re-use on a valid/seconded foot fault. What would you guys do?

<<< I hope this is still on point for this thread -- no intent to hijack >>>