View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 10:44 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 138
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Kenny View Post
I play Pro Grandmaster. When I play in tournaments I prefer to play with people in my division, or at least other Pros.

Section 1.6 of the Competition Manual says I am entitled to that.

There are TDs who like to mix all divisions for the first round of a tourney. By the time I realize what they are doing it is often too late to do anything about it.

The TD either doesn't know the rule or doesn't care and does it because they prefer to.

What can I do so this doesn't happen?

I've tried calling out TDs at the time - doesn't matter.
I've complained to the PDGA - doesn't matter.
I've called the TD out on local message boards - it doesn't matter but does piss off lots of people.

When I bring it up I get dozens of comments from people who say they like it with mixed groups. I couldn't care less. I am entitled to play with my competitors.

Suggestions?
Here's my suggestion, from the perspective of an asst TD of small local tourneys: have all participants Pre-registered and all spots filled. When that occurs it's easy, and, I believe you should expect, to have pure division cards to the greatest extent possible. Having people registering the day of the event in any significant numbers, heck, sometimes the afternoon/evening before makes this proposition tenuous at best. While I agree that's what the competition guidelines and procedures call for, it is truly best practice, not the only acceptable way.

I've been there, making the cards of people who were registering right up to the players' meeting, trying to be sure my TD can get them started on time. It just ain't [my emphasis] as simple as that when you have a number of late registrants