Old 09-24-2012, 05:15 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 78
Throwing Style: RHBH
USDGC Swag!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhadella View Post
I'm hoping to spectate a few days down there. Do they also give out Rocs as the "Commemorative USDGC golf disc to the first 1000 spectators"?
You do get a Commemorative disc with your event ticket. They are handed out as follows: When you pull up to the front gate they will ask you if you want a standard ticket or a VIP ticket. With the purchase of a standard ticket (which was $5.00 in 2010) you get to pick out a DX disc with the 2012 USDGC stamp on it. There's usually a couple different colors. Supplies are limited so selction depends on when you show up at the gate. I usually go to the day of the final round & get there early in the morning. There are plenty of discs available even this late in the week.
This was the disc they gave me in 2008 (DX Sidewinder) *Note: I got all the signatures on it after the tourney was over. The disc does not come this way:

If you buy a VIP ticket ($25.00 in 2010) they give you a voucher ticket for a more premium disc that you can pick up from the pro shop.
2008 VIP disc:

Here's the one from 2009:

2010 VIP disc:

If you want the VIP disc with the signature of the winning pro player you have to wait until the tourney is over & go wait in line to have them sign it. Or you can pick up a voucher at the pro shop & they will have it signed & then mail it to you (no shipping charge). I usually take this route as I dont want to waste my time standing in line when I can go play the course!
***I usually buy both the standard admission and the VIP tickets. The cost/worth of the disc(s) outweighs the admission charge in most cases. Having the VIP ticket gets a few other perks like a USDGC program, plastic ticket/card on a lanyard, special up-front parking by hole #5, VIP food tent access, etc., etc!