Old 10-01-2012, 02:08 PM
I think I'm important

Years Playing: 21.2
Courses Played: 105
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via AIM to _MTL_ Send a message via Yahoo to _MTL_
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGRZ001 View Post
I am so confused. There is an Open flight and a Performance flight. If I understand it correctly, the Open flight qualification is similar to how it always has been, and the Performance flight will function the same way as it did last year, is this correct? The Performance flight finish will be determined on how much one beats one's rating?

OK, I think I got it so far, but how does (did) one qualify for the Performance flight? The ratings are all over the place, so did you have to petition or ask somehow to be accepted to play in the Performance flight? I would _love_ to play the USDGC setup in a USDGC, but the only way I will be able to do that would be as a Performance flight player, but I had no idea how to qualify for that group!?
Open flight is very simple - best score wins. Qualification was only top 20 in 2010, top 5 not already qualified at all NT's, Worlds, Southern Nationals and one of the Europeon events, and Monday qualifying.

Performance flight is based off ratings - You find a player and their rating and then you get a projection from here http://www.usdgc.com/competitors/per...ht-projections

If a player shoots their projection, they shoot even. If they shoot 2 worse, they shoot +2. If they shoot 2 better, they shoot -2. Scores are then sorted by +/-.

Performance qualifcation was top 20 last year, all State Rep spots, all qualifying event TD's, all PDGA state coordinators and all event sponsor reps.