View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 06:41 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 32
Throwing Style: RHBH
Driving from OH to FL and back

Hey all!
I will be driving from Columbus, OH to Tampa the weekend of Oct. 20th and driving back the following weekend. The plan is to take 77 down and come back up on 75. That puts us through a few DG meccas along the way including Charlotte and Atlanta. We will be passing through Cinci on the way home, but I could make a day trip there another time. I'm looking for suggestions of must play courses along the way (keeping in mind that I will have my wife and our puppy with us ... so realistically I will probably only stop to play one course each on the drives down and back).
I'm thinking of playing one of the top suggested courses in Charlotte (from a recent thread) and possibly an Atlanta or TN or KY course on the way home. Of course I hope to get a round in with Thrembo while in FL, but would be open to suggestions and possible meet ups for other courses along the way.
Thanks in advance for all your help. I'll try to keep updated here as the trip gets closer and we figure out the details of where we will be on what dates along the way.