View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 11:23 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 17.3
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by hangwind View Post
Funny, when I started out, I thought rollers where for idiots that didn't know how to play disc golf.

Ughh.

I know longer have any attitude in disc golf, just to keep my mind open and learn.

The roller is now my favorite shot by far.

Not the most used shot but my favorite and I consider it a air shot with a long finish.

It is tolerable to many different techniques. I throw them right handed, left if it works out that way.

It's just so cool how you heave it across your chest leaning back, out it goes turning in the air to bite in at an angle and it has so much spin it straightens up and just rolls straight at the basket slows down and dies on it's back.

I'm hoping to hit the pole one day.

I wonder if someone has aced a roller, bounced up and in?

Seriously cool shot, max weight Roadrunner, love that.

a friend here throws condors alot and rolls them just as much. hes got atleast one roller ace with a condor that i know of. short little hole with sort of a little hill/dirt mound in front of it .

also,josef,ive had more successfull,straighter rolls with a flat rr or flat td rush. the domey ones seem to turn over to the plate faster . i throw alot of cut rollers as well and use domey discs to cut left gradually on a soft roll or try to weave around stuff. putters are the **** for that.

anyway,i hear some people here n there say that rollers are for noodle arms, the way i see it is that it takes more skill to control a roller than it does to bh a disc. i dont really care because i throw alot of rollers.

gator,fb and my td/ rr are my main ones but i will occasionally roll my buzzz,putter or qj.