View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 02:15 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 8
Throwing Style: RHBH
I started on 6/9/2012.

I played a round in the morning with borrowed discs, then I went to Academy to go buy some discs of my own:

175 Omega SS, 178 Z Buzzz, and 175 Champ Boss (mistake).

The following week I got a 175 SOLS, 178 DX Cobra, and 175 R-Pro P/A Aviar.

I on 7/7/2012 I found a deal on some Star XCalibers and SOLFs for 4 bucks a piece and found a nice pink Omega SS.

I threw the above discs for a couple of weeks befpre joining DGCR and finding about the wonders or Lat 64 and the River, and that's when I started shopping online and got some Lat64 (170 GL River, 176 Opto River, Mercy EZE, 2 Saints), Westside plastic (165 Giant, 168 Giant), Gateway (2 Slayers), and some Innova stuff I couldn't find at Academy (Wahoo, Mamba, DX Boss).

On 7/21/2012 I discovered Vibram discs at a local shop, Corey's Bike shop, and was immediately hooked. I picked up a Trak, Summit, Ibex, and Ridge. With this Vibram bag, I disced down and only played with the Vibrams, the Rivers and I kept a max weight orange Xcal for this hole #12 at MacGregor park, where I'd been playing.

While preparing for a tournament in August, my buddy and I were doing some fieldwork and I was noticing that my pink 175g SOLS was the furthest thing that we were throwing, so I decided to put that back in the bag with my collection of FW drivers. Another thing that I noticed was that I was hyzer flipping my distance drivers and that they were not fading as hard as before. This inspired me to start throwing my drivers again but not for the tournament.

At the tournament, I was outriving the guys on my card, (rec) who've been playing for at least a couple years, with that pink SOLS. I missed some putts, but I managed to get onto the second card for the next round. There was a downpour a couple of times during the round, but my buddy and I played for two months in wet shoes and rain, so it didn't really phase me, since I had the Vibrams and their grip. What sucked is that the SOLS was slippery and had to stay in the bag for the rest of the round. I finished 11th and cashed out with $25 so I got some more Vibram discs.

Shortly after the tournament I started throwing that DX Boss 161g I got back in late July. I was hyzer flipping this thing to flat, and when thrown flat, it followed the flight numbers! I got hooked on Base plastic (Boss,Wraith,Destroyer) and started getting Gateway S lightweights as well (Illusion, Apache). While learing to throw those base plastic drivers, I started noticing the glide and bought more base plastic drivers (Teerex, Samurai, Avenger SS, more Bosses,Wraiths,Destroyers).

I needed to come up with a compromise between the DX glide and the Champ/star durability, and that's when I started getting some Pro plastic Bosses, Wraiths, and Destroyers a week ago.

My bag is pretty set with:

Putters Summit / Ridge both Firm (have some softs for winter)

Mids: Obex 178M, Pro-D Drone 179 (messing with a Star Aero 'cause I love the flight and I used to play a lot of ultimate)

FW Drivers: 176 Opto River, 162 Ascent, 158 Trak. The rivers give me great easy distance and anny shots out to 300', the Vibrams are great for skip-free runs.

Distance Drivers: 162 SOLF, 162 SOLS, 169 DX Wraith, 172 Pro Wraith, 160 DX Destroyer, 175 Pro Destroyer, 160 DX Boss, 167 DX Boss, 175 R-Pro Boss (which feels a lot like regular pro, and not like a Wahoo), 141 Blizzard Ape.

I'm currently at 100 discs, but many of those are multiple copies of molds I like.