View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 09:27 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePiRaTE View Post
Hi, sure: 39 (big 4-0 in Dec...) 5,9", 170lbs. Best described as average. On my feet a lot in the day, out a lot on the weekends, but not athletic. When climbing stairs I use my left leg to push off with to take the load off my right knee as it grinds. Throwing isn't as bad for it as climbing stairs, but I know by the end of a long day of rounds that I've played on it.

I wonder in a carpel tunnel sort of way if the repetitive motion over the years could be a contributing factor. I injured my back about 8 years ago which led me to change to squat and lift heavy items using my knees rather than my back, but I haven't done any one thing to the knee to cause alarm. DG and stairs are the only two common and repetitive motions I regularly perform using it in a strenuous fashion.

Thanks for thoughts. BTW, I had neck pain at one point which was solved by realizing I held my phone too low, too long. Often there are solutions to these problems!

K.
I'd got to a doctor and see what they say. I had knee problems a couple years ago and about a month of physical therapy and a year and a half of continuing the exercises and stretches has made both my knees stronger than they've been in a long time. Maybe it's just me, but that route sounded a lot better than surgery down the road.