View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 02:34 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 44
7-8 years ago, i was teaching some folks how to play, so letting them use some of my super flippy discs to practice. There is a short 200' hole that had a tree dead in front of the basket, so there was VERY little hope of acing. The general play was to upshot right next to it, and take your easy 2. Going for the ace was super risky, and generally scored a 3.

So my buddy (this was maybe hole 13 of the day) threw the worst shot I've ever seen, a forehand that flipped completely into a roller after maybe 20-30' of flight time. the disc kept rolling....and rolling...right at the basket....hit a freaking stick on the ground and jumped up into the basket for an ace. I hadn't had one, neither had my other 2 friends who were avid disc golfers, and this dude gets one in the ONLY time he ever played the game.....so frustrating sometimes :-)

And these WAY long time until your disc gets found, you are giving me hope...i am still holding out for my #1 disc ever to come back to me after now over a year since I lost it and looked for over an hour for it in the thickest brush.