View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 12:16 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Ensor View Post
My point is that it's possibly being on your feet all the time that's the problem, and you should try stretching your knee at work as often as possible.

You should consult a doctor about this....
Quote:
Originally Posted by BADman View Post
Go to yoga classes. Not only is there a nice view of the yoga girls in yoga pants, but your balance, concentration, and flexibility will improve slowly but surely.

Edit: are you pivoting on your heel? I felt like when I make an effort to do that my knee appreciates the load off
Re: throwing from heel - no. I will try it, but I'm concerned about balance and follow through as I imagine this. How have you found it affecting this? Something I worked on to get arm speed up was weight transfer over my center of gravity so my follow through absorbed a lot of the torque on my arm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garublador View Post
I'd got to a doctor and see what they say. I had knee problems a couple years ago and about a month of physical therapy and a year and a half of continuing the exercises and stretches has made both my knees stronger than they've been in a long time. Maybe it's just me, but that route sounded a lot better than surgery down the road.
Survey says:

Get it checked out; stretch more and often.

I will start with stretching more and often. Every morning. If I feel the same in the coming months, I'll consult a doctor in time to prepare for next spring.

It also seems as though I'm not alone in considering this correlation. I guess at this point, the jury is still out on how much it has actually to do with DG creating the pain or just exacerbating age related maladies.

Thanks all for contributions. I'll still be curious to hear of others experiences in these regards.

Kelly.